FORMULA 1 BWT GROSSER PREIS VON OSTERREICH 2021....RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 BWT GROSSER PREIS VON OSTERREICH 2021....RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Welcome to the Steward's Grand Prix of Austria, held at the Kangaroo Court Ring.

Boomhauer, DGS, william and 2 others like this.
  2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Ver totally in command all race long. Impressive from him and RB. Cruise control all the way.

Lando - awesome drive! Star quality for sure.

Sainz - great job! Nice to see Ferrari ditch driver preference in favour of team points. Right call. Unusual for the Scuderia!

Ric - good recovery today. Pay on the back and a cookie at bed time.

Lots of good driving up and down the field. Russell vs Alonso was quality racing.

Kimi - brain fade special to take out Vet

And finally - what the actual f*** were the race stewards playing at penalising Perez and Norris for actually racing?! Garbage calls and needs sorting out. The stewards need to realise this is Formula 1, not Bambino Kart.

Isobel and Bas like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D

4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hamilton is still doing better than Schumacher in 05. Schumacher had 0 legit wins.

william likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Brain fade ! Thanks for pointing it out !

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Aside from Max running away it wasn't a bad race to watch. Perez really screwed up Leclerc's race. How much time did he lose in those two "events".

WTF was going on between Kimi and Vettel at the end? Trying to convince one another to retire first?

I don't see how Norris is the "driver of the day". He started 2nd and finished 3rd. He drove fine but just because he finished ahead of Hamilton he's "driver of the day"?

I'm already tired of this orange smoke gag.

ingegnere and ricksb like this.
  7. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Ferrari and all Ferrari powered cars were on Bridgestones and the rest of the field were on Michelin’s. Had more poles then Hamy in 2005

8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Great drive by Max. He’s got that Bull by the horns.

ypsilon likes this.
  9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    His skill evaporated. He was a good driver? I wonder WTF happened with that guy.

Boomhauer and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

A car that car win 5 GPs on the trot (with 2 different drivers), and 6 out of 9 races can be considered as DOMINATING.

It shouldn't be long before the usual critics start saying that any driver could win in a Red Bull, or maybe not.

Boomhauer and ktu like this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes I know Ferrari was on Bridgestones. Therefore Schumacher was not able to win once his advantage was taken away.

12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Penalize everyone!!! :rolleyes:

Quite a difference at today's Indycar race. Wheels banging all over, and the only penalty was for an aggressive blocking move on track.

13. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    But remember that Sainz was on much younger mediums than Ricciardo's hards.
    I was a little surprised it took so long for him to get by.
    But then, Ric tends to make his car *very* wide. ;)

zygomatic likes this.
  14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Shocked how plebeian Max made MB look. Toto smack any tables?

sammysaber and jpalmito like this.
  15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Boomhauer and DF1 like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

True, although on first relay, had Lewis not been stuck behind Nandi so long he had the potential to make it interesting.
    Aside 1st place it was an interesting race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Norris was good, despite his bs penalty. Sainz was really good picking up 5th. Hats off to Bottas for getting second. He drove well also.

Max & RBR is this season’s Hamilton/Merc. Nobody’s touching him. Misfortune for Ham but at least he picked up decent points...but Max has a race in hand and then some in this “battle”.

18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Although I think it’s over I’d be very surprised if Mercedes doesn’t win a few more.
    The rb is dominant but not Mercedes dominant. The undercut or things like that could work against them.
    Im also curious how things will be in 22. I’m expecting a return to form form Mercedes, also what will happen to rb once Honda retires?
    We seen what happened to Williams with the mechachrome engine in the late 90’s when they lost Renault. Horner has burned a lot of bridges with his nasty cocky attitude

jpalmito likes this.
  20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think the races will be closer on most tracks...the Merc lwb layout has traditionally struggled here. I’m guessing Hungary may be the same as here.

it must be said that Sergio screwed the pooch today. A lot of impatience and drove a frustrated race. DR didn’t do too badly either!

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Much like LH, his only competition is his team - mate in the same car. We see how little challenge Max faces there lol.

22. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    The Ferrari in 2005 was no where near how good the Mercedes is today. Mercedes is still the second best team with the ability to win. Ferrari was did not have a chance but MS still was able to get a couple poles and podiums.

sammysaber and Bas like this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Mmm yes but by saying so let’s not discredit Max’s talent. I don’t like the dude But he is fast and just like Hamilton in his days has been a prodigy.
    It’s a shame teams don’t put 2 tip drivers side to side anymore but we saw what happened in the past…

william likes this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes. Just like I said, Schumacher was not able to win once his car advantage was taken away.

william likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Become world champion and winning are 2 different things. He almost won in 06 , we won in 96 ,97 ,98,99 with an inferior car.

sammysaber likes this.