FORMULA 1 BWT GROSSER PREIS VON OSTERREICH 2021....RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 12 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 BWT GROSSER PREIS VON OSTERREICH 2021....RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    His car is as good as what Ferrari was in 2018. The difference is Max is a better driver. I have seen Max in his early career and ran with him at CRG. Look at my Thread about Max Verstappen that I posted years ago. He is the real deal.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Still not exceeded grade 2, I see.

sammysaber, Jeronimo GTO and CRG125 like this.
  3. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    KTU I have noticed that you do not post on the Mercedes F1 thread. Why is that?

You do realise that to the tifosi and Ferrari owners your views mean nothing apart from a good laugh.

sammysaber, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

He is not a better driver. He is a younger, hungrier driver.
    Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2003-GA and Terra like this.
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    375+ likes this.
  6. Barrylindon

Barrylindon Karting

Mar 20, 2021
    For me at the moment he is the fastest driver. Perez is an equal to Bottas if not better yet you can see the gap max has on him in race or qualifying. Unlike his younger version who was reckless he drives flawlessly now.

Maybe Hamilton prime is already behind him, this season he just doesn't seem as fast. In this race another unforced mistake costed him his pace, he has never been great at mental fortitude and it's showing again. We can also see that the Mercedes is clearly outmatched against the red bull.

Now between max, Norris and Russell I haven't made my mind yet. The later needs to be on WC cars to see who is better.

I also don't like people who because he is no longer winning just dismiss him as the champion he is, he clearly have been the fastest of his generation.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I’m not dismissing old pouty-faced, woe is me, the sky is falling, team moralizing Bieber fanboi.

He’s one of the best.;).

sammysaber and Bas like this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Schumacher's skills also didn't exceed grade 2 in 05. Absoluetly not acceptable to not win 1 legit race afer his advantage was taken away. Hamilton's 09 car was worse than that and he still won.

9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Noooooooooo! I told yall don't bring this foolish talk to me ! IT AINT GONNA WORK! Max has the best car, therefore its the car! The hybred cars are 90% They drive themselves. Don't change the narrative. Yall keep playing with me! You gonna learn today!

11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    What a bore.

sammysaber likes this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#287 DF1, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Nice review and assessment of this race, future race in UK next and 2022 impacts for RedBull via BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57715522

Notable is this - At the same time, though, there is no doubting Red Bull have made a significant step forward with their car in recent races, with developments to the floor, diffuser, front wing, nose and barge boards, and Mercedes have brought none.

Thats a fairly new car overall for RedBull. I dont see Mercedes reworking most of the aero now so far into the season with 2022 as a focus lol.

13. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    This kind of nonsense is taking away a lot of fun from this forum.
    80 percent of the posts are about how great Hamilton is. Or trying to take down everything that could show otherwise.
    Cherry picking all the time to prove he is the best and leaving out the facts that prove otherwise.

Now we’re at turning down Schumacher and Verstappen who only win because of their huge advantage.
    A Red Bull overtaking Lewis at the last lap is suddenly dominating the field.

It’s almost like you guys are trying to convince yourself Hamilton still is the best.

375+, Bas, sammysaber and 1 other person like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    "So Mercedes is saying that damage to the left rear has cost Hamilton up to 0.7s per lap at the AustrianGP ? I wonder what the damage was. Usually, there are some pictures post race that show the damage but haven't found any yet."

I have'nt come across any pictures of Lewis's "damaged" car.[shoulder shrug]

375+, Bas, fil and 1 other person like this.
  15. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    So how ‘bout Honda? What an inspirational story this is, at least in my estimation. It might be easy to forget how dismal their return was just a few years ago. Heaps of ridicule and jokes at Honda’s expense. A lesser organization would have turned tail and ran.

Against all reason, they kept their heads down and ignored the Naysayers…quietly and consistently honing their tech and engineering. No excuses, no whining, no ‘splaining.

Now they are back on top, and just as devoted and humble as they were when they started. There is an important lesson here, at least for me. I should note here that I am partial to Ferrari and am anxiously anticipating their return to greatness:)

This is why I love F1.

stavura, 375+, Picchu88 and 5 others like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Why do you seem to doubt it?
    He was clearly second fastest till his pit stop then lost pace. If not damaged to his car why would that be in your opinion?

Terra likes this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I have'nt seen pics of lLewis's damaged car nor have any articles(at time of this post) have posted anything having to do with Lewis's damaged car...

I'm speculating at the moment.

Bas likes this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I remember one FChatter's quotes during Honda's dismal days with Mclaren about the Japanese mindset in this turbo hybrid era:

1. The Japanese never quit
    2. They would rather face humiliation on the F1 grid than run back home and face humiliation at their home country.

It's all true.

375+ and FordGTDriver like this.
  19. V12addict

V12addict Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    The way i see this season so far. who knows what the future will bring.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

1 or 2 more dominating style wins and we have boring season #100000000000000000000000000000000000000002222000000000000000000 in F1 LOL :)

V12addict likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Well when they took over BAR in the early 2000’s they surely did quit.

Barrylindon likes this.
  23. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yes, I'm aware of that. Notice my post said turbo hybrid era.