FORMULA 1 BWT GROSSER PREIS VON OSTERREICH 2021....RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 BWT GROSSER PREIS VON OSTERREICH 2021....RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    #301 sp1der, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    It must have been very significant damage for that type of time loss. It could be a cover up for some other problem.

Bas likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    My thinking exactly at the moment.

3. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    So . . . . Who else predicts a massive improvement for Hammy at Silverstone?

FordGTDriver likes this.
  4. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    And an even bigger one for Redbull

5. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    The way I see Checo's awful race is this: He tried hard to pass Norris at the start and it didn't work. Then, with the safely car
    he *really* wanted to achieve the plan to avoid getting stuck behind Norris until the first pitstop. We have seen people getting
    stuck others in this track and specially sometimes with Checo, and he also didn't want to be pressured by the Mercs. If he had
    stayed ahead of Norris, he would have been the one covering the Mercs.

He would have been wiser with more patience. Perhaps in the Force India he would have settled in third for a while and
    do the overcut at the pitstop, but not in the RedBull. Maybe both RedBull and Mercedes understimated the McLaren this weekend.

Bas likes this.
  6. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    The car was fine the tyres were garbage from Bridgestone in 05

Bas likes this.
  7. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Not quite. Honda have quit F1. As usual, they quit at the wrong time. Remember Brawn? That was meant to be a Honda. A car so good it won the championship by miles. Classic Honda.

FordGTDriver and ingegnere like this.
  8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I know it's one of those "six of one, a half dozen of the other" type of situations but Michelin made huge strides in tyre grip by making super soft compounds. This was mightily exposed at Indianapolis. So Bridgestone didn't want to go that far down that particular path and they soon quit the series after the great success achieved at Ferrari with MS. They hadn't a thing to prove at that point. They went on to an exclusive contract with IndyCar (with their other brand - Firestone) and haven't looked back.

Terra likes this.
  9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Albeit with a Mercedes engine.

I know, I know . . . . . trick exhaust diffuser, etc.

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Mercedes state this on the LH car damage - “The car has not been working well, but then we had damage on Lewis’ car with some deterioration of some of the aero bits on the rear cake tin, and that cost him a lot of performance, which ultimately was what dropped him from second to fourth.

11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Thanks but I read that. Something about losing 3 or 4/10's per lap.

12. DF1

I think actual photo's would be difficult to obtain or publish.

13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Possibly. These photo journo's are.good and sneaky though.

Maybe some pics will come out later today or tomorrow....or maybe not.

14. DF1

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The affected wheel would need to be removed to show the tin...........

A shot of the MCL35M’s ‘cake tin’ shows how the team have placed various channels and outlets within its design to help magnify the aerodynamic effect it can have. (McLaren photo)

15. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I wonder if this is somehow related to the comment Lando made about Lewis's left-rear brake being on fire right after getting passed.

16. DF1

This is part of the damage resultant of the curb strike.

17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
  18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Irvine said Schumacher was on another level than Hamilton actually.

I do think Max is the fastest current driver. Better? Well that kinda depends what measuring stick you use. Outright wins, championships, poles, sheer experience (applies to many different things, such as leading a championship and chasing one)? Of course that all falls straight into Lewis' lap.

If we look at the evidence of this year, ignore the debate about who has the better car or not...I do think Max is also driving better than Lewis. He's making very few mistakes, is supremely consistent (the lowest place he finished a race in is 2nd...!).

Beau365 likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Sorry. I’m the advocate of the truth:
    1- https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/f1/2021/06/11/60c28bd9e2704eb3a28b466d.html

2-https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/11/30/lewis-hamiltons-the-best-racer-thats-ever-been-eddie-irvine-speaks-out/

Sorry that’s what he said. Not me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william and ktu like this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1
    Tried to hard at the beginning, lost a bunch of time, got stuck in the traffic. Frustrated with being unable to pass them, knowing he had a P2 and at worst a P3 on the cards for the day, frustration got the best of him and he had the race he had. He's a veteran F1 driver now and probably doesn't need words from helmut and Horner to see how he ****ed up Sunday.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And here he said this...

Eddie Irvine: Michael Schumacher was another level than Lewis Hamilton - YouTube

Though what I said above it was in 2017.

I don't really care much in any case, it's all just opinions anyways, armchair ones from the likes of us, eddie with a bit more insight than most of us...with the best will in the world, opinions sway on a year by year basis, are influenced by whether one likes or hates another driver and so on. Hell, even drivers that raced against the other can sway their opinion purely to boost their own ego.

MrF355 and sammysaber like this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Exactly 2017, then ham won god knows how many more titles and races. I know I’m the best car but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bas likes this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Please stop running that narrative. That's been destroyed by James Allison already. You posted the articles yourself.
    +1

+1

Yep I'm taking it with a grain of salt as well. Not the first time Wolff has immediately come to the rescue with excuses why Hamilton lost performance...I can't remember the race but Lewis had minor floor damage and that was supposedly half a second a lap or something crazy. Massaging the ego IMO.

Will go on the hunt see if I can find any damages for this race.

24. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Indeed - I've lost count of the number of times Alonso has hailed Hamilton as the best and then changing his mind a short while later.

Again and again lol.

Best,
    Sammy

stavura, Beau365, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Is the matador wearing Wellies?;)

stavura, V12addict and Bas like this.