Claudio Zampolli, Cizeta creator, has passed away. | FerrariChat

Claudio Zampolli, Cizeta creator, has passed away.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ExcelsiorZ, Jul 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Like many who got to know and deal with Claudio, I have many positive and not so positive memories of Claudio. But his legacy will be his Cizeta, a fascinating car that undeniably was major news when it was revealed with its Gandini styling and transverse located V16 engine. I'm told Claudio passed away yesterday. May he rest in peace. I'll never forget first meeting Claudio. He came into my office in Century City and announced himself and I responded, "I know who you are. You're Cizeta is on the cover of one of my books", which of course, it was. Claudio gave me a number of photos as well as a Cizeta Christmas card. I'll attach a few of them here. Before there was the Cizeta Claudio built converted a 308 into a mule for his V16 drivetrain. Some of those rare photos I'll post here. The Cizeta could and should have been so much more. Zampolli did what few in history have been able to accomplish: Building a true supercar.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Zeltweg, WJHMH, anunakki and 3 others like this.
  2. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Happier Times, Jay Leno and Claudio Zampolli.......if only there were time machines and if people could do things over differently, would they?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

WJHMH, anunakki, NürScud and 3 others like this.
  3. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    WJHMH, anunakki and NürScud like this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    God Bless Claudio!

A true legend, I will miss him!

He continued to provide valuable services to the Lamborghini community all the way through.

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    There was an interesting documentary about him on Motor Trend tv a few months ago. It was fairly dramatic and I have no idea how accurate it was.

6. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    He will be truly missed, as Claudio was a good friend for many years,
    Gary Bobileff

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is really sad. But he created something that will live forever.

WJHMH, ExcelsiorZ and anunakki like this.
  8. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Do you have a link to the documentary?

9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    No, I sorry, I don’t. I saw it on the Motor Trend Channel on Directv. It could be on youtube.

10. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I saw it too, it was fascinating

11. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I'm searching for the documentary now... RIP Claudio.

12. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    there are a number of videos on Claudio and the 'Cizeta'... the link below may be the program referenced previously... it is just under 17 minutes long and I posted the link below... fascinating man.

WJHMH, ExcelsiorZ and anunakki like this.
  13. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I would often drive by Claudio's Shop in Van Nuys CA. and occasionally stop in and marvel at the cars he had on the lot and in the garage... it was a slice of SuperCar life to drive past his place... Claudio's was there for years, sadly all things must pass and now the same has happened to Claudio.... the Sammy Hagar meeting Eddie Van Halen due to Claudio's is a true story and now part of Rock-n-Roll Folklore...!!! RIP Claudio you provided the inspiration I needed to work everyday until I could afford a Ferrari... which I do...!!!