McLaren | Page 34 | FerrariChat

McLaren

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Feb 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    :eek: that is nuts!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    2008 cars were more fun to watch, too.

armedferret and william like this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lando Norris is shaken after getting caught out in post-Euros melee at Wembley as McLaren informs of an incident. It is reported that robbers stole his watch after holding his car when he was getting back home:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

McLaren Racing has informed that Lando Norris is shaken after he was caught out in an incident at Wembley after the UEFA Euros 2020 finale.

McLaren F1 driver Norris was at Wembley on Sunday night to watch the UEFA Euros 2020 finale between England and Italy, which the latter won on penalties. The Brit had former Renault academy driver and Team Quadrant’s member, Max Fewtrell, along too.

Both Norris and Fewtrell posted photos after the match from the area they were seated. Post that, it has been a horror 24 hours for them after they were mugged by robbers when leaving the stadium to go back home. The Brit was in his McLaren GT Supercar.

As per reports, Norris was stopped by robbers, where he was held up by one, when the other took away his Richard Mille watch. McLaren has confirmed about an incident, where they share he was unharmed but had his watch stolen with police on the case.

The team notes that Norris is shaken, but is preparing for the F1 British GP this weekend. “McLaren Racing can confirm that Lando Norris was involved in an incident, after the Euro 2020 final match at Wembley, during which the watch he was wearing was taken,” said a team statement.

“Thankfully, Lando was unharmed but he is understandably shaken. The team is supporting Lando and we are sure that racing fans will join us in wishing him all the best for the British Grand Prix this weekend. As this is now a police matter we cannot comment further.”

The security at Wembley was nightmare pre and post the Euros 2020 finale, where ticketless fans thronged to the gates and entered the stadium. Several cases of injuries were reported, with many getting beaten in the melee that ensued.

With the loss of England, racial abuses has been rampant, where Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton had to post a lengthy message in support of the English team. Even teams like Mercedes and Aston Martin have concurred with the message posted by FA over racial abuse.

“So much was running through my mind as a watched the final moments of the match last night,” wrote Hamilton. “On one hand I was so proud of how far we have come …to be in the final and with such a diverse team is a huge achievement we should all be proud of but as the players stepped up to take the penalties I was worried.

“The pressure to deliver is felt by every sportsperson but when you are a minority representing your country this is a layered experience. Success would feel like a double victory, but a miss feels like a two-fold failure when its compounded with racist abuse. I so badly wanted that win like all of you but for me it was for much more than winning the euros, it was a much bigger picture.

“However, the disgusting behaviour by the few, shows how much work that still needs to be done. I hope that this opens a conversation around acceptance. We must work towards a society that doesn’t require Black players to prove their value or place in society only through victory. Ultimately everyone on the England team should be so proud of their achievement and how they represented us.”

https://formularapida.net/norris-shaken-after-getting-caught-out-in-post-euros-melee-at-wembley/

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And this is part of the reason why F1 drivers live in Monaco. Last time I was there this beautiful 599 GTO was parked up. Window fully open, inside was the owners sunglasses and what looked like his wallet. I walked passed it again an hour or so later, car still unlocked and everything in place.

ingegnere likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

This just confirms my belief that going around football places is not safe anymore, and that any crowd has to be avoided for your own safety.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  6. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Unfortunately this is what you get when anyone in Government in the UK can pretty much do what they like without any come back, this filters down and low and behold we get the appalling behaviour witnessed at Wembley from breaking in to racist abuse, and theft.

Bas likes this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The classwarfare the brits have had since the dawn of time certainly doesn't help, and has become worse in the last few years

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    The uk is rapidly becoming the wild west, with a goverment that is not fit to govern.

fil likes this.
  9. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    For sure, but the scenes at wembley whilst a few people was still significant, these will be the same people that will be bleating when caught.

fil and Bas like this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Nothing to do with the British government.

The same happens in many countrhies.

Boomhauer likes this.
  11. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    I would strongly disagree when those in power or entitled do as they wish with impunity society will mimik this behaviour.

Bas likes this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Hope these work for them. Nice to see Mclaren stronger!

McLaren set for boost in Ferrari F1 fight with Hungarian GP upgrades

McLaren F1 chief Andreas Seidl revealed after the race that the team is planning to bring some new parts for its MCL35M car to next weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest, boosting its hopes.

“We are bringing some upgrades to Hungary for our car in order to make sure we keep this battle up,” said Seidl.

“It is great for us that we are in P3 in the constructors’ championship, and after 10 races, 163 points is again a big step forward for us compared to last year.

“So I am very happy for that.”

spider_s likes this.
  13. DF1

Ricciardo "past the point of frustration" with McLaren F1 struggles
    By:Adam Cooper
    Jul 22, 2021, 11:08 AM
    Daniel Ricciardo says he's past the point of frustration as he tries to adapt to the 2021 McLaren Formula 1 car – and has accepted that it is an ongoing challenge.

14. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I think Ricci slowly improving. His gap to Norris is smaller than it used to be.

15. DF1

Yes improved appears Lando will finish ahead. Ricci will be closer it appears. Plenty races still.

16. DF1

Savvy one is Seidl!!

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/68196/mclaren-counter-horner-cost-cap-criticism/

McLaren team principal Andreas Seidl has dismissed calls from Red Bull counterpart Christian Horner for the cost cap to be reviewed in the wake of his team sustaining hefty repair bills from the last two F1 grands prix.

Red Bull suffered $1.8million worth of damage to Max Verstappen's RB16B following the Dutch driver's 51g smash after making contact with Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes at the British Grand Prix.

After what unfolded at turn one in Hungary, the team again face a seven-figure sum in repairs after Valtteri Bottas' error instigated chaos that caused severe damage to both of Red Bull's cars.

McLaren is also staring at significant costs of its own as Lando Norris also retired after being hit from behind by Bottas, while Daniel Ricciardo was a victim of a separate accident caused by Lance Stroll.

Asked if he felt the cap needed to be reviewed in light of recent incidents, Seidl replied: “No, not at all.

"And I definitely will not go in the direction Christian is going, mentioning in every second sentence the cost cap and how much you get hurt by it by every accident on the track.

“In the end, that is part of the game we are in. It is down to us to manage the budget in the right way."

Seidl confirmed damage had been sustained to the new bargeboards being run for the first time in Hungary on the MCL35Ms.

Assessing the impact of the incident on his own team, Seidl added: “It will be a challenge to make sure we now have again enough parts of the new specification available for Spa [Belgian GP on August 27-29].

"But on the other hand, we have a great team back home on production and on the engineering side so I am confident we can recover from what happened.”

william likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

At least Seidl has his head firmly on his shoulders, unlike that vindictive lot at Red Bull.

18. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Here is F1 in a nutshell. Everything is about management, whether budget or tires or fuel, whereas the focus should be on racing.

DF1 likes this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

F1 is about racing within parameters accepted by the participants.

20. DF1

Yes. Mclaren is a race team. RedBull appear as prima-donna promoters. I like Seidl alot. RedBull need new management lol.

william likes this.
  21. DF1

22. DF1

zygomatic likes this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [AMuS] Spa 2021

Mexican convenience store chain OXXO is the selected brand for the "BAT" areas on McLaren's livery at the BelgianGP, with ?alteryx? also featured on the engine cover.

DF1 likes this.
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    From the shape of the sidepods to the livery and the patchwork of stickers—that look like something from Indy Lights car—this car is by far the ugliest car on the grid.

25. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno