Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 75 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yes. And I get silly and irrational bonding with my cars, voluntarily selling is tough. Even my nightmare 928, I kept for years longer than I should have.

boxerman and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom

are you running steel or CCB on the car? I regularly track mine. The brakes are incredible on this car. I have a 2018 and it’s lowered slightly as well. About the same height of the 2017. That being said, yes, you do have to angle out of driveways at times. I’ve yet to scrape a speed bump though.

On the track, it’s amazing. While I have driven in dynamic mode, it’s not good for the track due to the collision avoidance system. I had that engage on me at big willow down the front straight when coming upon some traffic at 140. The cars still accelerates almost as raw as Race mode in Dynamic, through all the gears. I’ve never experienced any power cut off at all. And surprisingly, in race mode, with everything off, the car is very predictable and controlled. There is no bucking or anything even remotely close to that. It’s precise and direct. The only thing that took a little use to doing was committing to 120 going into turn 8 at Willow and trusting the car near the limits. Getting the tire pressure right is something that is key with the car. I switched to PS4S’s, which might not have the track grip of the Pirelli, they are much better at allowing you to feel out the car. As well, better daily drive tires. I was running about 6 seconds faster than my tuned 4C there and truth be told, I could have shaved off a lot more if I wanted to drive it to the edge. However, it’s my daily and I cared more about getting it home in 1 piece over bragging rights. Lol

as far as tunes goes, look into Pogea racing’s QV. it pushes slightly over 600HP. You can have the exhaust valves open in dynamic, full throttle and traction control. Which for some, is a big deal. My only 2 gripes with this car would be, when on the track, even in race mode, it’s too quiet. Also, like you said, the damn auto off button should be that you could have it Permanently disabled.

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Over 200k buys you lots of other cars. This one is 4 doors 2 seats. But its a real special, something of a keeper.I suppose f you have the money to just add one to the collection ie the expense is not an equation, it makes terrific sense.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Anyone have their first (1 year) service done on a non-Quad Guilia (mine's a 2020)? One dealer (closer to me) sez $279.95, the other dealer sez "first service is free." Just don't want to drive it farther and wind up paying more ;)

6. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    1st service is an oil change and fluid check, overall a looking look and it is free.

vjd3 likes this.
  7. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Get a set of Fabspeed HFC 200 cell and a Stradale exhaust and your too quiet gripe will disappear lol.

8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Thanks, Dai!

Appreciate the recommendation. You are absolutely correct, our HFC's transform the Guilia!

9. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    @Fabspeed Motorsport The Black QV and the White QV that you did belong to Giulia Forum members that I know. I had your HFC in my E92 M3 and with only stock cans she wailed like a banshee at full tilt....will be getting a set for my QV very soon

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Look forward to it! Shoot me a PM or email - [email protected]

Dai Baracca likes this.
  11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Seeing this new review of the 2021 reminds me of everything I love about my QV:

Dai Baracca likes this.
  12. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We have 1 set of Giulia QV 200cel cats in-stock and ready to ship. Skip the 6-8 week lead time!

Shoot me a PM to lock it in.

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

update: my 2017 qv is still in my possession from new. still love the car and it still delivers all that i wanted in an alfa. my warranty runs out in november so i am looking to find an extended warranty as i plan to keep the car. any expert opinion on warranty options? my car now has 10k miles on the clock. thanks!

Mang likes this.
  14. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Just picked up a 2021 base model Giulia...zero options...and it is great. I had a 2017 Lusso with paddle shift, LSD, adjustable suspension...just didn't need it this time. I'm selling the 2001 911 C4 that I bought after selling my first Giula. I thought I wanted to go retro...but modern streets in Los Angeles, and aging on my part, made the Porsche not as pleasant to daily drive as I had hoped. The new Giulia has me totally satisfied.

Mbutner and boxerman like this.
  15. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
  16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Gotta order it without all the extraneos techno crap.

17. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Hey reading this thread, Ive got some work and errands to run in town 3 hills and 15 miles away, No chore at all, Ill take the gulia and have entertainment on the way there and back.

18. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I've rejoined the fold. After a year of trying to make a 20 year old Porsche 911 C4 my daily driver...it just wasn't working for me in Los Angeles. I missed the lightness of my Giulia...so I (as best I can) made peace with the modern world and technology and picked up a 2021...without a single option. It really is nice. Much more fun as a daily driver, and I emphasize the fun part.

greg328 likes this.
  19. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I too have my 17 QV since new, will be 5 years this Dec. I purchased the extended warranty last year. It is the Mopar Maximum Care. Don’t remember what deductible will have to look. But it is the top one you can get

20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Like you it has made me make peace with a modern car, but if oteher moderns are an example the gulia is an anomoly. I tdoes show thta modern tech eps etc need not ruin the driving experince. I like how the gulia embraces being digital and does not try fake anologue. in exchange for eps and no steering feel we get quick ratios and super acuracy, it brings its own dimension. Compare that to a BMW helm which is basicaly dead.
    I read that the maserati Mc 20 had the same suspension and steering designer as the Gulia, maybe that one is good too.

21. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I leased a loaded 2020 Ti sport AWD 13 months ago with all the high-tech gizmos and promptly shut them all off ;)

Two year lease -- 20k miles on the lease but only 3800 on the car now ... will be a difficult decision whether to pay $31k for it next June or just turn it in. I did a short lease to see if Alfa would actually make it in the US. Don't know what I can possibly buy for $30k that would compare with it.

Other than that stupid panic button on the key that sets off the alarm if you breathe on it, the car has been flawless.

greg328 likes this.
  22. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

that panic button is a true pain in the azz!!!

greg328 and vjd3 like this.
  23. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    I can't/won't try to refute a better driving experience with a Giulia....but 'lightness of my Giulia'? You must mean in feel, because I don't think the Alfa is <3200 lbs, is it?
    I've got an '01 996 C2, so you've got me a little interested....summer toy.

24. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    my old awd guilia weighed about 200 lbs less than my current audi rs5sb but felt about 1000 lbs lighter. amazing what alfa can due with driving feel

Mbutner and ryalex like this.
  25. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    3,800lbs, actually. But the steering is so sharp and light you would not guess. The torque pulls it out of corners so quickly.