1977 308 GT4 aka DaddyO Dino | Page 6 | FerrariChat

1977 308 GT4 aka DaddyO Dino

Discussion in '308/328' started by Vonbarron, Mar 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    absostone and NoGoSlow like this.
  2. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    Good call. Too many old cars get torched due to gas leaks, especially with ethanol-based fuels on old rubber.

absostone likes this.
  3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    The fun one is the filler neck. Don't forget that one. :)

Mike Florio and absostone like this.
  4. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Jdubbya and 308 milano like this.
  5. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Yeah, looks like the same fuel hose that was on it when it rolled out of the factory! :)

Jdubbya likes this.
  6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    308 milano likes this.
  7. steven_ew

steven_ew Karting

Apr 3, 2009
    I’m changing all the hoses in both of mine before they go back on the road. I’ve survived a fuel leak in the GTS already (no fire at any stage just a smell of fuel and I discovered after some time that one of the hoses coming out of the top of the tank had shrunk and come off) and found evidence of a small self contained fire on top of the GT4 (completely rebuilt engine and this was down to a carburettor leak).

I consider myself lucky and also thinking about installing fire extinguishers

steved033 and absostone like this.
  8. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
  9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Did you get an egg cream or go to the Ba Da Bing or do any Jersey stuff ?

10. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I toured the devastation, except I didn’t see any

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    It's looking better bit by bit!!

12. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Had a couple hours today, change out a motor stabilizer, I don’t have a press so that was a suka, heated it a bit and bashed out the old one with a socket then beat in a new one. Also made some fill in panels for the old bumper areas, it’s all a moot point since the entire trunk needs to be cut off and all the structure replaced. The old engine mount looks like something at the adult bookstore
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. john earhart

john earhart Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    New hampshire
    Full Name:
    john earhart
    Looks great so far!!! Fantastic work; this thing is awesome!

14. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Now that the outlaw is gone for a week at the car show, I can mess with the mess, welded the corners on, the amount of lead and bondo is fun, I’m sure I’m poisoned. Stand by for lockjaw and crazy talk, I also for fun decided to slow down the cancer creep by spraying rust converter in all the voids, oh and I ran out of welding gas of course on the first corner welded
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I’m trying to get water temperature gauge working and discovered there’s no wire going to the sensor, anywhere, no loose wire hanging down, zippo. I looked everywhere, consulted the manual for wire run map , still no idea where it should be in the loom in engine bay if anyone can enlighten me

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    That stuff is gonna fall out of the other holes. LOL

17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    By putting that nozzle in the hole behind the drivers side front wheel you will coat the Brake vac line and coolant hose FYI

18. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Yeah I’m aware, once all that rotten steel is cut out, hoses will get updated, they work for now

absostone likes this.
  19. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I have the DaddyO up on the parking lift currently, every time I walk by I notice that the sway bar is showing small signs of wear. Off to the basement to seen what’s what for supplies. Turns out I have enough pretty good/new stuff to fix it up. I can see the sway bar link and brackets were crushed, drivers link was broken and rewelded at some point
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Went ahead and bombcan restored the nuts and bit of the frame. Not going crazy here, I’m eventually cutting out all the sheet metal, cleaned up the links, pressed new bushings in, already had a gold plated weak sauce sway bar so that’s going in. Obvious race car now, surprised I’m not in handcuffs. Time to reassemble and brag about all the fine work I’m doing. I finally used my Ferrari service tools also
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Not a sway bar. Torsional resistance spaghetti is what the SPC calls it. (al Dente)

steved033 likes this.
  22. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Love those long t-handle swivel sockets.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Slick tool cabinet.

24. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Since it’s raining and horrible outside I decided to make some patterns for the roll pan. Also was able to license it after running around illegal for a couple years, pulled the plate off and some message behind the plate, some girl named Niki apparently is pretty great or so someone named Laro Larrini says
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login