Looking for motorized seat belt parts | FerrariChat

Looking for motorized seat belt parts

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by blown daytona, Jul 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    My drivers side motorized seatbelt has been acting stupid since the recall was done 10 years ago. I finally took it apart and found the B position switch housing was cracked allowing it to flex. Of course all parts are discontinued. Does anyone have a lead on who may have a used assembly (61560400 superseded to 65779300) I can use to rebuild mine or a B position switch (61560700) Thanks in advance for the help !!!

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Tried ferrparts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Thanks, called them yesterday, They had a used one. Had them send me a pic and the B position switch was cracked in half :( Also waiting on Bill from GT Car Parts to get back to me.

4. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My drivers side motor always worked but the seat belt hook up did not move. My passenger side works. After removing a bit of trim to do a carpet install I looked at it closer and the long plastic rope (For lack of a better description) was broken in mine. I would assume it isn't available and would need the whole assembly to get it working properly? I also assume there is no way to bind it back together somehow, cutting a notch in each side so it fits together and then using plumbers PVC cement to glue it together.....probably wouldn't work....just reaching?

5. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Sounds like you are talking about the plastic ribbon which moves the slider back and forth. I do not think that was ever available separately. So far the used ones I see have broken ribbons and B position switches. I think this is a result of careless handling :( Whatever bonding repair you attempt needs to fit inside the confines of the track (which is narrow). Also the ribbon needs to be a certain length so it will have a full range of motion.

6. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I knew it was probably something that may stay the way it is, but I don't think I can hurt it and yes it was the ribbon I was talking about. I doubt my fix would work but it got me thinking. The careless handling was prior to me!!!! Not that I don't have my own issues!!!!

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I was checking on eurospares the first part you mention- you can order from new but it’s like 1800usd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Thanks, I was hoping to find a decent used one with a good B position switch and a ribbon. New one is pricey, but may not have any other options.

9. bpcurtis

bpcurtis Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Dickinson, TX
    Full Name:
    Burnell P Curtis
    I took all of that equipment out of my car and have it stored. I installed Ferrari standard seat belts. What of this stuff do you want?

Burnell

turbo-joe likes this.
  10. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Thanks BP, I started a conversation with you

11. JogDog78

JogDog78 Rookie

Feb 28, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Full Name:
    Pete Zink
    Did you find the interior trim pieces that go with the manual seatbelts? I'm converting my 1992 TR back to European style seatbelts and am still tracking down the trim piece that goes along the A pillar and top of the door.

12. bpcurtis

bpcurtis Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Dickinson, TX
    Full Name:
    Burnell P Curtis
    No, I did not find the trim pieces and I tried the usual sources. I did not try the euro sources, so you might try them. I ended up buying a sheet of thin alunimum and forming my trim pieces. Looks ok but took a good bit of time to do it.

bpcurtis

13. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Redbay cars just broke a Euro Tr a few months back. maybe they have the pieces

14. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    a euro TR has no motorized seat belts

15. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    JogDog, said he was converting back to euro spec!

16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    then he needs not the broken switch
    but it was "blown daytona" who ask for