Too much Alcantara? | FerrariChat

Too much Alcantara?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jamie140, Jul 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #1 jamie140, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Here's my spec. Not pictured is carbon tunnel and crema buttons and black seat piping. Reverse stitching everywhere.

Everything except crema seat side parts is Alcantara. Thinking is those touch parts would be easier to keep clean being leather.

Thoughts?

View attachment 4842025

Well never mind. Can't attach the pic for some reason. maybe a helpful mod can just delete this mess.

Headsuppassinglft likes this.
  2. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
  3. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Spec looks great to me…..if you are referring to the dash trim I doubt you would have an issue with them getting dirty.

4. Depreciating Asset

Depreciating Asset Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I think it looks fantastic!

john a barnes likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    In the seat inserts? Not at all. looks very balanced.

Ridgeback likes this.
  6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    looks dope to me

7. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Apologize, I should have been clearer. EVERYTHING is alcantara, top of doors, dash, door cards, seat centres, EXCEPT the crema outer portions of the seats.

Too much?

8. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I like a lot of Alcantara mixed with leather, I think what you did is GREAT, think about Alcantara carpet, its a game changer.

Ridgeback likes this.
  9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

This is my interior. Pretty much someone threw up alcantara all on the interior and it looks great. I think you will be fine.

mdrums and jamie140 like this.
  10. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Awesome^^^

I changed the black door tops back to leather. My Boxster spyder has alcantara on the door elbow rests and it already is not wearing well and looks like crap.

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

For some definitely a bit much; for others it's just right. The only person that really needs to be pleased is you.

12. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Looks great, Jamie. What's the exterior colour? The only thought I would contribute and not from an aesthetic point of view but out of practicality would be, is the centre tunnel in alcantara? If so, I wonder if you may accidentally drag your right foot at any point across the crema alcantara? Like when getting in for example? I would worry about doing that myself.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah those are going to get oily. Even my leather ones get shine spots where I put my elbow.

My thought is that the lower dash and doors are better in crema leather than crema alcantara, they're going to get kicked and scuffed and surface that wipes down easily is probably going to wear better. Aside from the inevitable shrinkage.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I did all alcantara too on the spec I had. So I approve but not sure of the color scheme or Daytona look for alcantara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    White. Stock silver wheels, yellow calipers, shields and rear flag bar. Good point, makes sense on the tunnel.

Boots likes this.
  16. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    It’s the cold water, I swear. ;)

ryalex likes this.
  17. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    To my eyes, it looks pretty busy in there but that’s just me. Alcantara does not wear very well if there’s a lot of friction going on, it’s not good at all in my 991.1 GT3 so personally, I wouldn’t have it on the steering wheel, arm rests, seat facings.

Gullwing likes this.
  18. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  19. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
  20. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Haha. No way, I saw it in person last summer when it was for sale, looked great.

21. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Jamie, looks great, however in jest I say you must like to clean. I have a fair amt of Alcanterra in my 458 with the race interior. Center line of race seats,Headliner, A pillars,Center portions of Doors,Carpet Mats & Sunshades. The mixture of Ferrari Carbon Fiber, Leather, Alcantera is beautiful, but the maintainence can be somewhat comsuming. Alantera requires cleaning,brushing & vacuming. It is not brushed leather & I do not think it is as durable as leather/swade. It has the potential to spot,matte etc. Good luck! Once I had an aquaintence who sat in the car with a small glob of greace on his shirt & thank God he nailed a small spot on the leather bolster which was easily repaired by Ferrari . God forbid he missed the Alcantera!

22. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Alcantara in moderation to accent the leather is my preference.

docf likes this.
  23. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    there is no too much alcantara. it always looks gorgeus.

24. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    It's strange that when I opened your post from the Ferrari Chat Weekly email it showed the picture. I have to say from the description, I didn't think I would like it. It's gorgeous! Not too much crema. It's a perfect balance. Beautiful.

25. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I asked about all alcantara on my F8 spider and was warned off. I asked at TM about ultrasude and again was told there are some areas that it cannot be placed and that the touch areas will wear badly. It’s a choice. I think the aspect of alcantara that works well is contrast is muted. In high contrast interiors it works well- looks worse in pictures but good in person.

Headsuppassinglft likes this.