FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 29 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I hope all the Hamillletes do the same when Max doesn't lift too.

ypsilon and classic308 like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Max has'nt been lifting since the first race. Where have you been? Hamilton avoided contact with Max multiple times this season. This time his bullying caught up with him.

surfwolf, Terra and william like this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yep my wife’s g wagon is awesome and our former s63coupe was way more fun than my old FF. I look forward to getting the new s class… and I’d get it even if max and mazepin were the driver with Christian Horner team principal;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Its called mind games, ruffle a few feathers, let him [MV] know you are there. Put some doubt in his mind for the next encounter.

I dont beleive for one moment LH did it to harm MV, but that footage in a earlier post shows the full ferocity of the impact.

5. Alexweav79

Alexweav79 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Owensville, MO
    Full Name:
    Alex Weaver

Name them. Imola being one, but that wasn't bullying, that was lewis putting himself in the wrong place after he got a bad start and being desperate, like yesterday only this time he was so desperate due to max cleaning his clock the last 5 races, he ran into max. Can't beat him so run him off the road. Lewis had a bad moment yesterday, just admit it, it's ok. They all have them.

JJ and classic308 like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lewis has had multiple bad moments, i have no problem saying that. My point is Max is being way more aggressive than Lewis, go rewatch the races. Lewis just decided no more, and Max was'nt expecting that. So now Max has to stop crying and get back focused.

william and surfwolf like this.
  7. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've thought about this a lot and my interest in F1. I like both Lewis and Max. I'm a rabid fan, but don't get into the I hate this guy or that guy. Seb is my favorite driver... Ric is probably well ... easily my least favorite. But after watching the crash... and I'm going to hold the rules aside whatever the actual rules may say i guess, but I've never considered bombing up the inside at full speed with zero hope of making a clean corner and bumping and forcing others out of your way in fear of getting crashed out, a clean or fair move. I find it laughable that Lewis says the Max has to be less aggressive. As if his move wasn't the most aggressive and desperate one to take. He turns around and compliment Leclerc for "getting out of his way." in their similar interaction. Odd. Leclerc isn't racing Mercedes and he wants no part of getting taken out. Does Lewis believe everyone should just get out of his way so he can win?

In the larger picture... I don't know of any other sport where you can take out your rival in a questionable action, break your car, then get the opportunity to then fix that damage you caused during the red flag while your rival is taken to the hospital, then get a meaningless penalty that will have zero bearing on the outcome, then have your team order your teammate to get out of your way so you can win the race. Then... celebrate as if you've just done something epic. I just don't know where else something like that could happen other than in F1. Where else can you do all that and be put on a pedestal? No where.

Like I said, I don't mind Lewis at all, but I find this all just so utterly unsporting. His comments to this day are even more unsportsmanlike and classless. I think he just lives and breathes in a fortified echo chamber... a bubble where everyone just tells him how wonderful he is and how amazing he is. I don't think he can even see what happened.

Maybe you can argue that Max should've done this or that, but why. At no point was Lewis ahead in that corner, at no point was he even on the traditional racing line, and at no point did he have any hope of not forcing Max off the track or colliding with him. I think is funny that people who don't like Max or who just love Lewis just criticize him for not getting out of Hamilton's way. I don't mind arrogance, I don't mind trash talk. But i simply find Lewis's inability to even acknowledge any real liability while at the same time hailing himself a hero of the day really questionable.

stavura, sammysaber, MrF355 and 13 others like this.
  8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've watched Lewis back off from Max for the entire first part of the season as he had more to lose. Sunday we saw Lewis hold his ground for the first time. Ever since, Max and his fans look like a 4 year old kid who just dropped his ice cream on the ground. Stunned in disbelief with all that's wrong with the world.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

surfwolf, fer312t, ktu and 3 others like this.
  9. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Bullying ? what a weird way to define the situation.

It's called racing, Max had the racing line, every single time this season.

Hamilton lifted/yielded because he wasn't on the racing line. Hamilton avoided contact (Imola for instance) because he had to avoid contact, being off the racing line. Those corners in which Hamilton yielded were not Hamiltons corners, they were Max's corners.

Yes, Max drives aggressively sometimes, he almost drives and defends like he's in a Go-kart. BUT driving aggressively is something very different from making racing errors.

And that's what Lewis did in Silverstone. He made contact while being given enough space, while missing the apex, while being on the inside on one of the fastest corners on the F1 calendar. And the racing stewards blamed Lewis. It's that simple.

Ricciardo: Hamilton "went in too hot" in Verstappen F1 clash (motorsport.com)
    FIA explains Hamilton blame for Verstappen F1 collision (motorsport.com)

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Karma from his ruining Ricci race in Baku. Max was the total fool along with the team. See Ricci thoughts on all that and how it drove him out of the team. Toxic is RedBull. Max is abrilliant racer and most definitely a bully. Plenty of REPUTABLE drivers have stated it was NOTHING more than a racing incident by 2 hot charging drivers.

Horner co-opted this into a needless drama. Where was his caring for a driver when Bottas had an almost equal impact. Not a word. Fake useless drama is ALL of Horner motive here. Racing incident and Horner would be screaming that if reversed.

spider_s and ktu like this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    There is a video posted of this same thing happening where 2 cars collided in copse some years back, and the stewards ruled it as a racing incident. If Max had ran off the track and regained, the stewards would have called it a racing incident, and we wouldn't be discussing this. We will agree to disagree on Verstappen driving aggressively this season.

12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Be specific.

Sainz and Grosjean crashed at copse and nothing was handed out to either driver.

Again, the stewards and penalties are inconsistent.

ktu likes this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Thanks for the info.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Hear's my beef with the Grosjean-Sainz crash-->it is almost a repeat of the Lewis-Max crash. Grosjean goes shallow into the apex of copse and Sainz has the optimal racing line and both collide.

Sainz and Max's exit out of copse puts their cars on the optimal racing line.

Grosjean and Lewis's exit out of copse puts both their cars into and over the kerbs....not an optimal racing line.

Whether it's 180mph at copse or any other corner at any other race track the shallow car going into the corner MOST LIKELY will take out the other car with the optimal racing line in a: 1) wheel-to-wheel battle
    2) the optimal racing line car is slightly ahead or half a car lengths ahead of the shallow car.

If that's racing with 2 equal and opposing team cars and Lewis got praised for his winning, when does it end. Heck, I might as well be P2 in the race and take out my opponent(P1) at a corner by "kissing" his rear tire with my front tire and sending him out of the race??? It worked for Lewis right??

Nortonious and ktu like this.
  15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    100% on the money. I too had to laugh regarding his comment on Leclerc. Lewis loves it when people get out of his way, that's why he calls Bottas his greatest teammate ever.

16. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    You are correct that Max hasn't been lifting. But one thing is not lifting in a 90MPH corner and crashing, another thing is at Copse corner at 180MPH.

ingegnere and Dino2010 like this.
  17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I've never seen something so disgusting in F1 in a very long time.

Nortonious and Dino2010 like this.
  18. DF1

LOL

Horner: "Unacceptable" for F1 team bosses to be allowed to lobby stewards
    By:Jonathan Noble
    Jul 21, 2021, 4:30 AM
    Red Bull team boss Christian Horner thinks it is "unacceptable" that Formula 1 stewards can be lobbied by competitors while they are making decisions.

But despite Horner’s views on the matter, F1 race director Michael Masi said he has no problem with the stewards having an open door policy with teams.

"If we have an incident after the race, we invite the teams and the drivers to come up and appear before the stewards,” he said.

“We had the case in Monza last year when Lewis went and spoke to the stewards to understand what happened and have a look at the whole picture. During the suspension, that ability exists, so there's no reason not to."

19. DF1

Ricci said racing incident along with others

20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Oh that is rich.

A team boss lobbying the stewards while they were making a decision not to let team bosses lobby the stewards when making decisions.

spider_s and ricksb like this.
  21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

Dino2010 likes this.
  22. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    F1 needs to be redesigned.
    It's rotten.
    It's corrupt.
    It's getting ugly.

23. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    stavura and Bas like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not sure it’s been posted but it’s nicely done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    stavura, Giallo 550, subirg and 6 others like this.