13 Cali 30 exhaust question | FerrariChat

13 Cali 30 exhaust question

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by drjmoney, Jul 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjmoney

drjmoney Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    Hi all,
    So I just took my Cali to the dealership for a normal service and they are telling me my X pipe on the exhaust has a leak. Total cost is $3500 which honestly seems crazy. I am now debating having my local speed shop install a full on Capristo, fab speed or Novitec exhaust.

2 questions, am I right in thinking that if the x pipe developed a leak the rest of the exhaust can’t be far behind… so why mess with a ticking time bomb.

Second part is in regards to which is best (leaning towards Capristo with the X pipe and heat shield) and where is the best place to buy them? I have seen people on this forum post prices that seem much lower than the 6500 that Capristo is advertising.

Any help or input is greatly appreciated

-Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Do you know specifically where the leak is and what is causing it? Is it corroded? To me that would be the only reason to suspect the entire system might go bad soon. If it’s a bad weld that could be spot welded relatively easily.

3. drjmoney

drjmoney Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    I wish I did. The dealership just said they don’t fix the part just install new ones. I am hoping to get a little clarity from my local speed shop. If anyone in Va Beach has a recommendation as to a local “guy” I am all ears. I plan on taking it to Raceworks but I know they do much more with German cars than Italian ones.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Welding a leaky exhaust is usually a bandaid on an ageing car like a 30. If you factor price vs. quality, nothing beats Capristo. TAG Motorsports, Vivid Racing etc. often can make a good deal on a combo of centre section and rear boxes. Get a Capristo valve controller installed while you are at it. At any rate, don't waste your time on the OE setup no matter whether you keep the stock back box or not. The Capristo centre section is cheaper and of a much higher quality. Novi is nice too, but overpriced.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app