Tubi Drone is too much | FerrariChat

Tubi Drone is too much

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by DocBasilone, Jul 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    After having eight to be regular model for one year on my Monday Al it all of a sudden started does very low drone with idle and up to 3000 K or p.m. to the point where it bothers my ears I put hyper flow cats on and this did not help thinking about leaving the hyper cats on and going back to OEM just to get some relief anybody else have this problem with Tubi’s

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

pilotoCS likes this.
  2. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA

3. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    After 1yr with the normal Tubi on my 90t a drone started even when idling
    Put hyperflow cats on and just louder drone up to 3000 rpm. Thinking about putting OEM on with hyper flows (200cell)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    DocBasilone likes this.
  5. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    My Tubi (loud) drones but only from 1900-2300 rpms. It wasn’t there so much when new but got worse over time.

DocBasilone likes this.
  6. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Hyper cat or Fabspeed cat with the stock muffler gives the right tradeoff of sound quality and no drone or resonance. The outcome is a bit more growl, and maybe a slightly lower pitch. The effect of the race cat is subtle, in a good way.

The best Ferrari sound is the total of the engine thrashing, intake and the exhaust, not just the exhaust. Too loud a muffler just covers up the broader symphony going on. The only upside to the aftermarket items is much less weight. But I think the car needs the exhaust weight to dampen resonance.

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    A throwback to the early 2000s! We had a Mondial come in for our Sport Cats in addition to its Tubi System. It did help the drone considerably, but as many others have said, the best option for drone-free cruising is retaining the OEM rear section and using our 200cel HJS cats for some extra sound/power.

DocBasilone likes this.
  8. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Yea..........I’ll take the drone. I couldn’t get that horrible sounding 500 pound muffler off fast enough.

DocBasilone and geno355 like this.
  9. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    My stock 1990 t muffler sounded like my parent's family car back in the 60's.

DocBasilone and JLF like this.