456M, any discreet yet accessible storage for phones, wallet, etc…. | FerrariChat

456M, any discreet yet accessible storage for phones, wallet, etc….

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Mirek, Jul 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    The Ferrari 456M has ZERO places to place phone(s) which run Pandora, wallet, cash, change, pens, whatever…there IS the shallow tray that simply serves to place any and all of its contents beneath the front seats or lose them in the back area under even the most moderate driving.

The front seat backs are not a good solution as they are super super tight and quite deep.
    I have seen the blue 456M with the custom center arm rest and I have seen where people pull out the ashtray for a cup holder (not my jam I want it to look OE).

Anybody got a discreet solution other than utilizing the front ashtray space (with inside section removed) and even then things fall out. Maybe something I can tack onto the interior of the drivers door ?

Anyway, if anybody has an idea throw it up. Driving up to Monterey for Car Week and need a spot to put things.

2. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    In that department the little Citroen AX got the highest marks, as that car even had holders designed to fit a champagne bottle in both doors!
    But I recognize your problem.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    only option is to put the phone on the windshield

Mirek likes this.
  4. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
  5. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Mario that is about perfect thank you !

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I might try a set and have them recovers in ferrari tan!

Mirek likes this.
  7. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Mario, good suggestion. Ordered a set to try out. Will be delivered tomorrow.

8. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I just ordered mine too, will be delivered today.
    Just in time for the 5 hour road trip, I will definitely get them covered to match the interior if feasible. Good thinking.

Thanks again !

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Cannot lose much for $20.

10. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Glad to help. Thought of getting some when I owned my old BMW 635csi which had the same issues, never got around to it and sold the car. Still, looks like a clever solution for 20 bucks...

Bas likes this.
  11. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Check out how Boss this thing is and they send you 2 of them.
    True Ferrari 456M hack.

A GT continental cruiser complete with a rear ashtray yet without a place to put anything. Literally no place, yet the 2 seater V8 cars have a lockable box. .

Image Unavailable, Please Login

merstheman likes this.
  12. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    How do you still feel about this piece? Useful or kitschy? Any marks on the leather?

13. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    So funny you bring this up today because I just took it out last night !

The thing is SUPER useful, I will always keep it in the car and would have paid 2X as much for it. That said, the car gets so hot here in the LA summer that the glue holding the “leather” on simply turned into goo and the “leather” began to slide off.

I just removed it to pull off the “leather” and clean off all the goo with goo-gone then I will put it back. Here are pics…I am considering having it wrapped in proper leather but I have no CLUE who could (or would) do it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Good to hear! No damage or marks on the seat or side console where it presses against?

Does it interfere with the passenger seat room much?

15. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    None. It slides in-between the seat and side of the car perfectly, you can slide it forward and back and it does not affect seat range or motion. My wife (or any other passenger) has ever noticed it was there. I have had it in for months with no tell whatsoever when I removed it, I would not use it otherwise.

16. mominayal

mominayal Karting

Feb 2, 2017
    Indiana
    Does the forward section act as a cupholder and if so does it do it well enough?

17. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    Cupholder is not deep enough to be useful but still a worthwhile device overall. Yes the glue melts and the cover comes off, but for this price order another one.

Mirek likes this.
  18. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
  19. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I had been holding off on doing any real accessories or mods, but i bought 2 different style slip in pockets, both in Beige/cream and will report when they arrive the next few days which one i like better.

Thanks again. Car back to treating you right finally? Getting to put some miles on that cup holder?

Mirek likes this.
  20. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    I once saw a lotus elise in traffic, and he had a cupholder that somehow attached to the window rail on the inside of the car near the sail panel and sat over the door card. It looked very functional and sturdy, but certainly not OE.

21. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Yessir, 3 years and $30k the car is finally running like an absolute dream, it is MUCH MUCH more responsive and noticeably quicker (with a butter smoother idle) than when I took delivery of it at only 19k and thank God SMOG is done. I cannot believe how much was neglected, missing and/or done wrong (or installed backwards) by the TWO independents who did the majors with the previous owners. CRAZY. I am now of the position that paperwork is 100% absolutely meaningless and a PPI is the way to go. Even when I completed MY major I had to have it towed back 3X to finally “get it right”.

The only thing now is that I believe my HVAC drain is plugged creating a window haze I cannot get rid of but that should be simple enough.

Attached Files:

Auraraptor likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i have these too = functional but poorly made...