458 - 21/22 Wheel Size/Offsets | FerrariChat

458 21/22 Wheel Size/Offsets

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Depreciating Asset, Apr 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Depreciating Asset

Depreciating Asset Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Hi All,

I'm working on an order for a set of HRE wheels in 21/22. I've read many posts here from folks who have this setup and have no rubbing issues, but a few have had issues. I wanted to share what's being recommended to me to get feedback from those who have successfully run this setup before.

Front: 21x9.5 ET40 255/30/21
    Rear: 22x12 ET50 335/25/22

Note I also plan to install Novitec springs, thought I don't intend to slam the car. At max I'm thinking a 30mm drop, thought I'll probably start with less.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Randy

2. PANOWES360

PANOWES360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    Full Name:
    BOBBY
  3. Depreciating Asset

Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    jm2 and BJK like this.
  4. emmholla

emmholla Karting

Dec 15, 2018
    Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. mjgoldner

mjgoldner Rookie

Mar 2, 2017

6. mjgoldner

mjgoldner Rookie

Mar 2, 2017
    Did the ET40 and the ET50 work on a 458??

7. Depreciating Asset

Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    They did for me with a few caveats. I'm running Michelin PS2 in 335/25/22 & 255/30/21. I had some rubbing during turns on the plastic wheel liner in the front. I ended up making some "modifications" to the wheel liner to push it tight against the car and that solved 99.9% of the problem. This car is a keeper for me, so I don't mind doing something like that. Figure I can pickup a used liner if I ever decided to sell the car.

The previous owner had a nearly identical wheel setup but with a 53 offset in the front. He had less rubbing issues than I did, but also ran Pirelli's in the same size. Looking at data on TireRack, the Pirelli's are slightly smaller than the Michelin's, and I think that's the difference. So next set of tires I could either go one size smaller in the front or go with Pirelli's...but I like these Michelin's so much I'll probably just stick with them.

With all THAT said, I love the setup and have zero regrets. I daily the car, drive it out-of-town, etc and have no problems with this setup.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

AD211 likes this.