Official 812 GTS market value thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Official 812 GTS market value thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by roma1280, Mar 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You have guts paying 100k over on a production GPF car even when two versions of the VS came out. But that's what these cars do to you. Its worth it if it it brings the passion but not the resale.

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Who knows if another V12 GTS will ever exist again? (GPF notwithstanding)

If overall final production is 2500, maybe 20% to USA, so, 500 cars (never minding the 812CA as it will be in a completely different pricing level), I think resell should continue to be strong, forever, and in 10 years when (if) no more V12 GTS are released, pricing likely to appreciate quite a bit...and even if another V12 GTS should occur, chances are it will have substantial differences and maybe a much higher base price.

3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Totally agree with this. 812CA with the minimum $100k of required options will start at $700k. I think amazingly specced 812 GTS will be desirable for the next 50+ years. Damn I wish I had one.

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    And, for re-sale, I would presume the 812CA will command a premium that is at least double its original price, probably forever (not so true for the 812c), putting it well above the 812GTS by a considerable margin. After production and lock-up of at least 18 months (before owners are allowed to sell) I presume the first pre-owned 812CA will come to market in 2025 (presuming deliveries will only start in 2023). That's a long way out there, if you want the open top experience, the 812GTS is it..for now!

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Just punch an order. I decided to move forward on one today myself. All this GTS talk threw me a vortex that I couldn’t get out of. Verde British over Cuoio. I’m pretty excited, but I was quoted 18-24 months out. I hope I fit….

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NA_V12, Gh21631, Caeruleus11 and 6 others like this.
  6. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I think that spec looks great!!

Thecadster likes this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Drop tops always bring more than the coup and the VS is the one that brings the premium. Don't count on being last as the sources and links here say that even more powerful and higher revving NA V12's in the future. The car itself was not a smash hit on introduction but did not do too bad either. My guess is it will bring the same delta from the coup in the production class. If you want to make money on a modern Ferrari then a production model is a tough return - unless it is reviewed really well or has that one-of plaque with excellent spec, condition and ultra-low miles.

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Long way from here to there, Euro7 regulations (not even formalized yet), nanny-state controls (speed restrictions, etc), if FUV is a big success, Ferrari will notably exceed 10,000 units per year, putting them in the regulation cross-hairs, long way to go, and the fact that the 812 successor is at least 2.5 more years from reveal should make the point that Ferrari was no where near ready for this 'new world' and what's to come may impede their abilities and plans that much more.

Not to mention that the V8-turbo-hybrid was crowned as the top end car...long way to go, hope they can make it, but Lamborghini has already given up and will do hybrid V12 from 2023/24 per their recent announcements.

Remember, whatever V12 Ferrari comes up with, they must include the provisions to make it hybrid, I cannot imagine they will want to design another V12 after that to handle hybrid...

Thecadster likes this.
  9. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    Fantastic looking build!

How difficult was it to secure an allocation? I need to quit coming to this forum...all of you guys peer pressure me into certain decisions. :)

Thecadster likes this.
  10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Not terribly difficult. I reached out to my dealer, and fortunately they had availability. I ordered a new 812 SF from them almost 4 years ago, which I finally took delivery of in June 2019. And yes, it’s expensive to spend time on this forum. I thought I would simply make do with my coupe version, but after reading all the glowing reviews from GTS owners, I had no choice but to pull the trigger.

11. udishamir

udishamir Rookie

Jun 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    udi shamir
    Gorgeous color, it is an art and defiantly keeper.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Thecadster likes this.
  12. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    That is stunning.

I love the GTS but would need to sell one of these to fit it in
    View attachment 5955125