Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They will never see anything close to that. Just like the $380k G wagons they had listed.

Boomhauer and Jo Sta7 like this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Asking and getting are very different.

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    It's certainly not going to win any beauty contest so let's hope it drives a lot better than it looks.

I can't see the money in it either at that price.

Coincid likes this.
  4. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    In case anyone else wants to know:

I had a friend who bought a 765 over MSRP. Sold it for more then what he bought it for (6 month holding period). Bought AMG Black GT series for $110K over MSRP (one week ago).

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Saying it will not win any beauty contests is being charitable.

Cigarzman and Shadowfax like this.
  6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Agree, it’s far from beautiful…. but the aero appendages and cooling ducts are functional which tempers it somewhat. Also, I think the flat orange paint doesn’t do it any justice. It seems to work better in silver.

It’s good value at MSRP and perhaps at +$100k if you compare it to market pricing of its competitors.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

soulsea, AD211, mdrums and 1 other person like this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Better but still lipstick on a pig.

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The silver or black are definitely far more suitable plus its a Benz. The orange is awful and really kills it.

Coincid likes this.
  9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It is ugly as sin but I love it. Not a chance in hell Id pay a million bucks for this thing- not even close but I do like it and if available at MSRP- id pick one up.

This market is just insane!

Thecadster and Jo Sta7 like this.
  10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's completely and utterly insane. A lot of people buying are going to be well under water.

11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Nope no way no how I would pay even asking price for one.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  12. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    It drives incredible….current king of the Ring…fastest production car. We will see if the Lambo STO has anything for it. Porsche will be back with a 992GT2RS but that’s a few years from now probably

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I have a hard time believing that an off the shelf merc can run a time to rival its competitors. I call BS.

Coincid and Shadowfax like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #814 Shadowfax, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    I dont care how fast its claimed to be or what it drives like. There is absolutely nothing about the car that i find even remotely appealing. Like all Benzes the overly deep seated ergonomics suck and then having to look out over that massive overhang would drive me nuts.
    The boy racer add ons miss the mark and the plagiarised rear from the gt2rs gives the whole thing a very confused look.

It reminds me of a roman chariot where the driver is perched way back in the caboose holding on to a very long set of reins, being dragged along by a couple of horses. Theyd have to pay me to take it. MBs styling has been in the toilet for years now. They desperately need a new design team big time. The most hideous part is that ridiculous looking face. Truly horrible.

of2worlds, Gh21631 and Coincid like this.
  15. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    I agree. I have one incoming and may decline unless I fall in love with it in the flesh which I doubt. I may still take delivery if there is a possibility of flipping it we'll see. I just ditched my 2019 3RS after 12k miles. Car is underpowered and boring to me. I'm not feeling the STO for several reasons. One of the biggest disappointments is the engine. I felt like this car should have got a power bump and it didn't. At least the black series did and a substantial one at that. I feel the back half of the STO is a mess and this car has now become too busy. I understand it's in the interest of aero but it has a boy racer vibe to me. I passed and got a new EVO awd and couldn't be happier.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #816 Shadowfax, Jul 23, 2021
    Its not so much the boy racer look thats the issue as i dont mind that. What troubles me is that its basically just a very ugly looking passenger car less two doors with a gt2rs ass stiched onto it, along with a few other bells and whistles to tizz it up. The only thing missing is the Roman battle helmet. And that whole super long bonnet thing going on would take a lot of getting used to peering over. They may as well have stuck an in line 16 cylinder engine into it and even then they would have spare room left over.

ps i think you dodged a major bullet passing that up. The lambo evo is light years more attractive.

of2worlds and Coincid like this.
  17. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    I'll never forget a funny comment made by Dan Prosser who said it has a bonnet that stretches into the next county. I had a GTR for two years and put almost 20k miles on it. I got use to it pretty quickly but you had to be acutely aware of it in tight spots. Here is a shot of that long bonnet at Pebble Beach on the 17 mile drive.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #818 Shadowfax, Jul 23, 2021
    It reminds me of a chariot made for the 20th century Spartacus amongst us. It's just so disproportionate, and that face .....oooff! Not even the mother would be able to look at that. It's like trying to look into the sun.

I'm so sorry Royalpink and Scraggy but I'm really struggling to find anything pleasant to say about such an awkward and ridiculous looking contraption.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Have you driven it?

20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    There’s nothing to apologize for. The Senna is also awkward and ridiculous looking but I still love it.

The long hood creates a driving experience that’s uniquely satisfying. I have enough mid and rear engine cars so it’s nice to sometimes jump into something different. It almost feels like I’m sitting in the back seat of the SLS.

Ash Patel, of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I used to own an sls. I love this car. But not at these prices.

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Scrappy the Senna is an absolute supermodel in comparison plus the Senna is clearly an exotic as well and, is very bespoke in a number of ways. It is also has a very original design and hasn't plagiarized like this Benz has done.

This Benz is really just a very very plain and ordinary looking passenger car that's been given a bit of boy racer powder puff treatment along with blatantly stealing a GT2rs's ass. Let's all be honest with ourselves here, this level of design theft is unprecedented and shameful, - I've also noticed it's knocked off the 765's lower sills as well! I'm just hoping for your sake's you know what you are doing here because this thing is as bad as I've ever seen. It's truly an absolute shocker no matter which way you look at it. I'd seriously pull the ripcord on this one.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Senna still looks like a hyper car.

plastique999, Jo Sta7 and Shadowfax like this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You’re crazy not to take the car and resell it in this wild market. I’ll take your allocation for that reason alone if you don’t want it.

25. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ugly as sin but total hyper car

buddyg likes this.