Bad News - Two Dead in Houston | FerrariChat

Bad News - Two Dead in Houston

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Texas Forever, Jul 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Balddad likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    very sad...

Stay safe folks.

:(

dbalcar and Texas Forever like this.
  3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Terrible

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Without knowing more, I'm guessing the Ferrari driver goosed it without the traction control on. Clear day. Dry street. Major multilane road, Westheimer, with lots of traffic. Poor decision making.

Actions have consequences.

greg328 likes this.
  5. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    So terrible to read this story. Tragic the driver lost his life, but really tragic and unfair the driver of the other car was also killed. Powerful cars in the wrong hands can lead to tragedy :( Condolences to both families.

TR007, Lusso123, BJK and 1 other person like this.
  6. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Word is this was his first powerful car.

7. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    And last...That poor lady. Senseless tragedy.

ShineKen, IloveGT and Texas Forever like this.
  8. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Go to a track if you want to drive like an idiot. So unfair for the female driver and her family.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No thanks. Idiot driving isn’t needed on the track either.

10. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    We had an incident exactly like this on the Jaguar Forum over a decade ago now. It was a forum member who liked to mod his car or performance.
    He was a popular member. Several innocents had their lives taken by this person. Nevertheless it took a while for some forum members to accept the reality of his actions.

Texas Forever likes this.
  11. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Throttle control boys, most do not know the first thing about it, let alone have the skill, and this was a front mounted machine, can u imagine if it was mid mounted. This has been, and is going to continue to be the norm, Ferraris are being sold like they were Toyota Corrollas, are any of you surprised ? I am not. I mean, for God sakes, take your new high powered machine , go find a big vacant lot, and get a feel for what the car can do , turn the traction control on and off and practice, dont screw around in the city, take the machine to the country, back, canyon, mountain roads, take it slow, and progress from there.

Thank you

LordVennFF, Gene-O, Nick hung and 4 others like this.
  12. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thank you. This place is not as callous as it might appear.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  13. javfer

javfer Rookie

Jan 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    javier Fernandez
  14. mhawke

mhawke Rookie

Mar 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Hawke
    Looking at the video footage (very tough to watch knowing the outcome) I think his wife might have been correct in suggesting there was something wrong medically with her husband. He drove at high speed into oncoming traffic for a long stretch of pavement. He may have been already unconscious or unaware of the situation because his car also has great brakes which he clearly didn't think about using. I'd like to be a bit more generous with my thoughts than some others.

Gh21631, jcurry, sisiay and 4 others like this.
  15. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Based on that footage, I think its unclear what the reason was and could have been as the wife said. Appears the Ferrari driver never applied brakes which could be an indication of some sort of medical emergency with the driver.

anunakki and 6t7 like this.
  16. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Whoa! Seems a couple of cars dodged a bullet on this one. It's a bit grainy, but he cut diagonally through incoming traffic. Goes to show that when it's your time, it's your time. Nothing that could be done by the person he finally hit, and a few people that were spared by pure luck.

17. Slowride

Slowride Rookie

Jul 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan P
    I know that stretch of road well, not challenging at all. I am going with medical related.

Thecadster likes this.
  18. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017

Agree! Stick to Forza and iRacing if that's your thing.

19. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Reminds me of when John F. Kennedy Jr. took his plane out at night and never came back. Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

LordVennFF likes this.
  20. 355 P4

355 P4 Karting

Oct 13, 2020
    So. California
    Full Name:
    Bill Krueger
    Unfortunately there are those who choose to commit suicide in this manner. I lost a friend that way.

21. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Not sure the widow of the dead driver was correct saying Mr. Edgar had a medical emergency?! After hearing another crash happened at the same spot within days do wonder about the street. Regardless, multiple senseless deaths as a result of a poor decision just isn’t right. Have argued prospective buyers should be given competency examination before being handed the keys to a literally lethal weapon that could have dire consequences.

22. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Video shows he was driving a little too fast... but can't say it wasn't a medical emergency.. sad for the woman in the black car.

Whipcity76 and Texas Forever like this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I highly doubt that medical claim. What ever makes her sleep at night..

I'm guessing that once he lost control, he panicked and didn't even think about the brakes, or was affraid of applying them to lose control further. Three seconds go by quick and people react erratic in such situations sometimes. Sorry, but that thing about it being medical sounds like either something she has been advised to say, or just an excuse. Usually when the media covers stuff like this and health issues are considered, it is usually mentioned in conjunction with the person having a previous history of medical conditions.

If this was due to a medical emergency, she can collect insurance and she knows her husband was not to blame. If it was due to reckless driving, she not only gets nothing, she also has to live with the fact that her husband killed someone due to his reckless antics.

That is the harsh reality of this situation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Whipcity76 likes this.
  24. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would think there would be an autopsy and that could answer the medical event possibility.

Whipcity76 and Texas Forever like this.
  25. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    The gas station worker in the video says there are multiple accidents every month at the same location?

not good