Early 30 year guy needing financial/ferrari advice | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Early 30 year guy needing financial/ferrari advice

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ascend, Feb 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Lol yeah, 3D reconstruction for reasons I have no idea. Man that is messed up for the homeless guy...thankfully I haven't seen too many messed up foreign bodies in people. Latest was a ton of pills in the stomach from overdosing unfortunately.

4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Not sure about the MID engine RWD. My wife drives a BMW M4 all winter long, but with Blizzaks, of course! There are really only 2-3 days per winter where she chooses to stay home rather than driving.

Kevin

5. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal

Ascend finally left Rennlist a few weeks ago where he claimed over and over he owns a 997.2 GT3 RS. Not that he's THINKING about it. That he OWNS one. I don't know what's with this kid. Weird.

6. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Are you short? You sound short. :D

7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    And that's actually not what the ladies said.

And you did not study ad hominem yet. tsk tsk. Your ability to provide entertainment is dwindling faster than I expected.

8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Face shield is our best friend in the ER.

9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #384 IloveGT, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    I just saw. He obviously acted a lot more tough over there calling people literally retard just because they were also asking for proofs of 997RS ownership. I just hope he is not driving his dad's car and doing double clutching it. @Ascend , in case you are reading it and really have the car in your possession, listen to them on the RL. You don't double clutch anymore with these cars. You are going to screw it up. And you will cry then for real.

10. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    off topic, but is double clutching really bad to do? I don’t do it in my f cars since revs drop pretty quickly, but in my 993 and 981gts, revs take a bit to drop, so it feels natural to double clutch. I know I don’t have to do it with syncros, but it’s more fun, gives my feet more to do

11. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I never double clutch starting 981 GT4 and .2 GT3 manual, I got lazy because of the auto blip with down shift which is so good. Then pdk of .1 GT3 was just so good, so I just stayed pdk.. I let the mechanically sound people answer your question, but I am very good removing foreign body in orifices in the ER.

12. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    Thanks. I hope to never require your expertise.

IloveGT likes this.
  13. Lolwut

Lolwut Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 21, 2019
    Allow the ophthalmologist from the great white north to chime in here.

Youre not crazy. He will need good winter tires. I dont know how low a 4c is but clearance can be an issue after fresh snow. Its probably more headache than anything.... or just another life lesson.

IloveGT likes this.
  14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Thanks. He is too late because I already sold my 718 Spyder to absorb his car. I unfortunately have to work out to be as buff as the orthopedic to drive the manual steering of the 4c! lol

15. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Thread of the year.

Thecadster, IloveGT and kes7u like this.
  16. Ascend

Ascend Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #391 Ascend, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Seems like paul stalked me to RL as well. Yeah some guys pestered me to post the photo of my car and i told them to eff off. No need to prove anything when I dont want to.

Anyways, paul, my son, a word of advice. Dont take yourself too seriously. And it seems like you are enjoying your power as mod too much little man ;). Have fun!

Jamie H and JJ like this.
  17. Ascend

Ascend Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kim

Dont worry boomie. Its my own car :) bought with my own hard earned cash and enjoying it in early 30s.

JJ likes this.
  18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #393 IloveGT, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    I thought you wanted to show us the car registration and you said you never lie like a good ol boy going to church every Sunday. seems to me that once your facade is blown you are turning nasty.

Why do people call you BS in two different forums? Have you had any insight about that? It was you who asked the same questions and financial advice thousand times while making a million a year and you worry about maintenance cost of few hundred bucks. please insert palm to face emoji here, if you wish.

And you calling Paul your son is one of most profound things out of your 125 posts.

You and @JJ need to study ad hominem together.

Sincerely,
    Boomer or Boomie. Anything else you can call me?

19. JSBMD

JSBMD Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    The OC
    Full Name:
    John
    How about a Singer 911?

Takes a while to get your car, but new they are around your budget. Sort of vintage, sort of modern. And definitely a safe investment.

20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you want to stick around, you might want to reread the forum rules...

21. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Kim, I did not read the whole thing but willing to contribute. There are several considerations. Where do you live, weather matters. How far from a Ferrari dealer or at least very good service shops? I agree with another's opinion that you are just getting started so start slow, you have plenty of time to learn things. Once you get your foot in the door, go to car events, car meets, visit dealerships et cetera...

People are moving all around the country now. My advise is to move into a decent neighborhood knowing it will not be the "dream home". But then living in the area will allow them to find out what really matters in the new location. Same with cars. Start a little lower and work up as you get experience. It is OK to move in this way. A gradual advance is usually a good approach.

PM me if you need to talk to somebody.

Ali

Texas Forever likes this.
  22. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ali, where have you been?

23. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Busy with other things. Now semiretired so hitting the forums a little. Actually good to be back into things....

Ali

mchas likes this.