does anybody live close to walla walla? | FerrariChat

does anybody live close to walla walla?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ross, Jul 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    my son will be matriculating at Whitman at the end of August.
    i need to send him his car from houston, with stuff packed in it for school, in time for him to meet it there within a day or so of arriving.

would anybody be willing to receive the car and keep it in their driveway for a couple days for me?

thanks

2. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Sorry can't help you Ross, too far away in the opposite corner. (or....fly me back to my island via Point 2 Point Air, and I'll do it.....) :)
    Maybe try the PNW/FCA? Check for someone who lives on the east side? E. Oregon too if that helps, Bend, Hood river...... Very few people actually live on the east side........:cool:
    Also, SW Idaho isn't too far from Walla, maybe someone from Idaho?
    G'luck

3. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i found somebody at the school that will receive it. if that doesnt work then he will just get it after he arrives.

meanwhile, the cost to get it there is bothersome....so we are back to thinking about buying some cheap ride already up there....
    if anybody has something they want to offer i am all ears...

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Why not just drive it? Houston to Whitman would be fun at that age.

5. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    it was a consideration since we both love roadtrips.
    but i ran out of time, and then we have decided NOT to ship it right away.
    will leave him there without a car for the first 2 months, see if he actually needs one, and then also see if he can pick something up locally.
    if all else fails, i will just send him the car later.

6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    haha, ok good luck.

I would have said "no prob dad, I'm driving myself. Later."

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My son drove himself from Oregon to Massachusetts before his sophomore year. He did have a friend with him, though... Daughter bought a car at college, in Colorado, and has driven it back and forth to Oregon by herself a couple of times.

8. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the issue is that although he doesnt mind the wagon, it is also somewhat of a mom-mobile.....so his preference would be to find something more fun (with a manual transmission) up there to run for a couple years, and then sell off again.
    the $1.5-2k spend to get it there (either by truck or driving it), could be better spent by adding it to the amount needed to buy a local car.

so, if anybody has or knows of a fun manual car at 5k or less, reasonably close to Walla Walla, then please let me know.

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yeah, he's right. You didn't say it was an automatic. haha.

When right before my daughter turned 16, I bought her a 2006 manual transmission Mini Cooper for $3400. The thing is awesome, great to drive.

I also made her a model that looked just like it. Wrapped it as a present. hah. Turned out cool.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jcurry and donv like this.
  10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Mini Cooper would be a fantastic college car. My son bought a Jeep Renegade (manual transmission) when he was in college, and still has it. It's turned out great as well.

In Walla Walla, you probably want 4WD. Not so much for around town but to go skiing, etc.

jcurry likes this.
  11. Dave46

Dave46 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    Central Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Davison
    Finding something decent and reliable in that price range in Walla Walla may be a challenge. As compared to what you would find in Houston for that price. You can find plenty of cars in the price range but they are usually pretty well used up.

12. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    You may find a deal in the tri -cities? Larger area to pull from and not too far away. ( I was born in Walla Walla )

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app