599 Exhaust - not loud enough | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599 Exhaust - not loud enough

Discussion in '612/599' started by baron, Feb 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challengehauler

Challengehauler Formula 3

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB
    Because it is a federal offense.

2. baron

baron Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    #27 baron, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

Thanks for posting the video.
    Wow, the mufflerless Tubi doesn't sound good at all. Maybe loud but unrefined. Have to scrap that idea and think of something else.

3. sam12345

sam12345 Rookie

Nov 22, 2009
    My father has a 599 gtb in which i think the exhaust is too quiet(compared to my FVD catless 997 turbo). He disagrees.

I want to do a quick/cheap exhaust on the car for a week or so just to experience the epicness of the enzo engine.

I personally think that straightpiping the car after the primary cats with only an X-pipe would sound incredible. Your thoughts?

4. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    I have a set of 599 in Stock that will sound fabulous.
    Here is opinion for a customer on here

My updates:

The best exhaust for a 612 or 599. For the guys with 599 who want their exhausts louder this is the ticket--sound is perfect and has all the correct noises you want.

For the 612 guys--tried all the exhausts--ALL of them--this is the best sounding on the market--better than the HGTC and GTS that come on the later 612's.

I initially ordered the exhaust which we installed and was a little too loud and also had a brutal drone. Called up Glenn explained the issues--no problem he said what to you want? I told him, "no drone and the same sound but a little less on the noise"---they rebuild it sent me a new exhaust and it is perfect.

Took the 612 on a FCA ride and drive where others commented on how great the sound was. I cannot be more pleased with the quality, sound, and service from the team at Nouvalari.

www.nouvalari-usa.com

5. BentleyKWT

BentleyKWT Karting

Jun 15, 2011
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Bentley KWT
    #30 BentleyKWT, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
    It annoys me that these guys from the middle east drive in congested streets to show off.
    Me being from there, makes it even worse.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    We all have crosses to bear. You have rich guys driving Ferraris too fast in urban conditions and we have taxi drivers who do the same thing with much slower and more poorly braked cars.

Make sure your seat belt is fastened so you can survive and pommel the snot out of the driver after the accident. Works for me.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. baron

baron Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I think there would be too much drone, but let me know what you find out.

8. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Technical query which did not get the appropriate answer : Is it possible to fit a Gto OEM exhaust system on a Gtb ?? ( 599)

FIN612 likes this.
  9. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Fabspeed straight pipes. Cheap and throughly improved the sound and breathing of the car. It stays nice and quiet until you get to 4K, then the valves open up and she really sings without being obnoxious.

10. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Fabspeed in Europe ??

11. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

Maybe not Fabspeed, but the point is that the straight pipes really improve the car for not much money.

Skidkid and jimshadow like this.
  12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Xavier- Yes, but you need the headers, too, since the GTO does not have precats. Get Fabio's 6-1 exhaust instead. Will be much less expensive and his workmanship is outstanding. I have his on my 575M.

Skidkid, Zaza and George Vosburgh like this.
  13. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    GTO headers and cats is one piece.
    I'm sure that it's not possible to install with engine inside the car, too tight to get them in.
    Next problem is the connection between cats and mid section, GTO has a different tube diameter to the GTB.

Also I read that the GTO frame is a little bit different at the cat area, so they do not fit.

So Terry's tip is the best solution.

Daniel

Zaza likes this.
  14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- The only way to do it is to swap out the entire exhaust, and that apparently is a gigantic pain in the neck for all the reasons you mentioned.

15. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Fabspeed straight pipes purchased !

599_GTO, Skidkid and George Vosburgh like this.
  16. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I am sadly late to the party but on my 599HGTE I replaced the secondary cats with straight pipes. Great sound and no CEL.

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Those are the primary cats. The ones in the headers are the precats.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  18. defros

defros Karting

Aug 25, 2004
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    Dima
    I recently purchased a complete set from Fabio with no primary cats or precats. Trevor is completing the work on my ECU's.
    I will let you all know how it turns out. Fabio feels the stock 599 mufflers will work better than the tubi mufflers that I currently have installed. Since I have both, I will definitely compare the 2 options and see which I prefer.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  19. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    Has anyone installed the fabspeed bypass pipes? I’ve got an HGTE and love the sound of the Tubi exhaust, but agree it could be louder. Do these noticeably increase the sound? Thanks for the insight.

I will say the stock Tubi exhaust creates a nice sound and is relatively loud. It is loud enough to set off the alarm on my m4 when I start it in the garage :)…but I would like it to wake up the neighbors!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

I have the Fabspeed straight pipes on my stock 599 and I love it! It made the car breath easier and with the extra sound I feel more in touch with the engine. With the standard mufflers the flaps open at 4K rpm which is perfect for driving around town. Yes, when it starts it's a thrilling sound! Some folks here have said that the straight pipes with the Tubi mufflers is too loud, but maybe that's what you're looking for.

Kyle Stoffer likes this.
  21. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I have the pipes with my HGTE exhaust. I do love the sound. It barks on the start but is a bit raspy until it warms up a bit, I assume because it is rich on startup. Once warmed up, it sounds great.

Kyle Stoffer and George Vosburgh like this.
  22. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

I had mentioned that I had the fabspeed secondary cat delete pipes fitted to my car. Since its in Europe I had only heard it on a video. I’m now back driving the car this summer and can confirm that:

1. At start up its about 20% louder (before the valves kick in)
    2. Above 4k it has an additional rasp
    3. Zero extra drone while cruising
    4. If you disable the vacuum valves I can’t think why anyone would want a louder 599

My synopsis is that your first port of call before changing mufflers or anything else is to install these fabs secondary cat delete pipes, since they make a noticeable difference to the overall sound of the car, very similar to what could be achieved installing a novitec or similar, but for 1200 bucks and about 1hr labor. Oh, and there’s around 25 bhp and 20 torque increase too. The car revs pick up noticeably quicker too.

George Vosburgh and Kyle Stoffer like this.
  23. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
  24. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Has anyone installed an x-pipe, and from which manufacturer. Sound clips?