LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 25 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Lets hope the new icona that is meant for the end of the year, Which has been based off the LaFerrari platform is the F50 icona

sailfly likes this.
  2. babgh

babgh Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    The laferrari's wheelbase is more similar to a 458 than an enzo, and the laferrari's chassis itself has no similarities to the enzo chassis. I remember chris harris described LaF as a 458 on steroids. On another note if the icona is based on an F50 I hope that they can create something beautiful and modern out of the f50's lines. Also if it is an F50 icona it will be rivaling against bugatti centodieci(110) which design is an homage on another 90's supercar

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Will be presented at the Finali Mondiali (probably November in Mugello, depending on Covid).

Marcel Massini

JK660, 456-boy, NürScud and 9 others like this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    LaFerrari wheelbase: 2650 mm
    Enzo wheelbase: 2650 mm
    458 wheelbase: 2650 mm

5. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Exciting, since it’s based on LaF, we can assume its to celebrate a rear mid engine V12 from Ferrari’s past. I’d love to see elements from the following cars;
    F50
    250LM
    Testarossa

What do you all think it will be celebrating/in the spirit of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 512tr1992

512tr1992 Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    Varryx says something...

Johnny_Bravo, Alvega and Jonathan19 like this.
  7. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Janith Welagedara likes this.
  8. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    November seems so far away now!

^^

9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    now i convinced myself that this mule is for next icona since it's based on a laferrari. last january i posted one of varryx's photos on a facebook group and someone commented this... [red marked]

Image Unavailable, Please Login

what if the next icona is agile like the f40 , curvaceous like the 330p4 and based on laferrari aperta..

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

since 330p4 is manzonis most favorite ; would it be a 330p4 reinterpretation ? i don't see how a f40 lookalike will look good on a laferrari chassis, besides f40 is still fresh; not that immemorial . only time will tell....

456-boy, Jonathan19 and 9nb like this.
  10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    So why the hybrid stickers on this mule ?
    Something doesn’t match..

F2003-GA likes this.
  11. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    To me the Testarossa was originally front engine and the rear flat 12 ver has had its day. Then you have the 512 BBs I loved this design but with the current design language, it may look to much like the 296. Which is also based off the 250LM largely. So to me Its gotta be the F50 or one of there classic racing cars like the P series but they were sorta used with the LaFerrari. Personal No more mix matching for me Take a car like the F50 use it alone as the base to redesign a modern tribute. my 2 cents anyway.

I do hope unlike the 296 that the icona is based off an original rear V12 model

Janith Welagedara and Jonathan19 like this.
  12. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Yes, F50 Icona will be dope.

4re4ever likes this.
  13. Janith Welagedara

Jul 31, 2021
    Full Name:
    Janith Sathsara Welagedara
    It makes sense that they are using an La Ferrari Aperta as the mule since the 330P4 (#0856) is an open top. The removal of the front ducts of the La Ferrari also adds to it.

611LW, 4re4ever and Jonathan19 like this.
  14. nandofacchini

nandofacchini Karting

Sep 15, 2006
    At the Monzas' presentation, back in 2018, if I am not mistaken, we were told there were going to be three cars, presented every three years. If I remember correctly, they were described as "design homages to classics from the past", and it was hinted they were going to be built on chassis form the existing lineup. That's the explanation for using the 812 chassis for the Monzas. I highly doubt they are using a Laferrari chassis. We never know... I could be wrong... But my very educated "guess" is the F8 chassis is more likely to be used for this new car to be revealed at the end of this year... Possibly, some other members of this forum were at that presentation as well and could even remember some other details I forgot... Regarding the Laferrari look-alike mules being regarded as the next Icona car, it doesn't mean they are actually a Laferrari underneath.... Also, someone maybe knows regulations better than me: is there any regulation mandating the use of the yellow hybrid/electric triangle sticker in mules? If not, that would be the perfect thing to deceive the people spotting these prototypes... :)

456-boy likes this.
  15. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Again: See post #603.

Marcel Massini

611LW and Jonathan19 like this.
  16. 611LW

611LW Karting

Feb 26, 2020
    Bavaria, Germany
    Can we expect a manual transmission from the upcoming Icona series model? I heard there were some rumors concerning a manual 250 GTO Icona series model, however I can't see Ferrari actually making a new manual gearbox in the future.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The manual is dead in Maranello. Icona series cars are based on production models, thus there is no chance of a manual.

18. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    The car that broke down at Goodwood was no a production car, it was still in development. And it was just due to a minor piece.

19. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    The reliability will definitely be better once it's the finished product. As for usability, it does what any proper supercar is supposed to do: go fast as hell and put a smile on your face. It ain't meant to be used for grocery shopping.

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Having to step on the seat to get in and not being able to turn the steering wheel if there is a passenger next to you has nothing to do with grocery shopping. I am in awe of the Valkyrie but it seems like a real pain to use.

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  21. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    plenty of hypercars are a ball ache to use in one way or another

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  22. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Its been in development for HOW long?

Thelovelyrock18 and Alvega like this.
  23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Never ending development.
    Never ready for a real road use.
    Too much ego with Adrian Newey ( a genius I have to admit)

Thelovelyrock18 and Alvega like this.
  24. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    A few years, but what relevance does that have ?!