Bad News - Two Dead in Houston | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bad News - Two Dead in Houston

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Texas Forever, Jul 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There will be. He will be checked to see if there's a medical reason, if he had been drinking and he will be checked for drugs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree that doesnt look like speed gone out of control. Ive seen countless videos of someone abusing speed and it doesnt look like that. I think the odds favor something like a heart attack. BUT, it could end up being reckless speed.

3. Pro Bono

Pro Bono Rookie

Aug 30, 2020
    Having viewed the video I think it's more than possible that he had a medical emergency. The car was travelling extremely fast, and the guy was 44, not 17. It's inherently very unlikely that someone of that age (and evidently successful enough to own a Ferrari) would choose to drive in such an insane way.

Also, it seems to be a California. These are easy to drive, not some crazy semi-race car, so it's very unlikely that someone would just lose control of it whilst driving normally.

Although suicide is always a possibility where there's a high speed car crash someone who wanted to kill themselves would probably do it on an empty road at night by driving into a bridge pillar, not just aim the car into random busy traffic. Suicides aren't murderers, and they would want to avoid harming an innocent third party.

It's depressing how quick people are to assume the worst, and to assume that a woman who's just suffered the tragedy of losing her husband is simply motivated by financial considerations. The idea of being innocent till proven guilty seems to have been turned on its head these days, and I just hope that none of the posters who are so quick to judgment never find themselves in need of mercy and fair treatment themselves.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Let's review a few things here.

Firstly, if you think someone at the age of 44 is beyond acting foolish and immature behind the wheel of a sport car, you are severely mistaken. I'm that age and I can see what people around be do.

It was a Cali T and that has power enough to get you in trouble quick. It's silly to assume that the Cali T is so easy to drive that this won't happen.

As for assuming the worst? Uh, what about having some consideration for the woman in the black car? Who speaks her case if we are assuming from the get-go that this guy was not at fault? Here's the cold facts. We are dealing with a traffic accident where a sports car is driven at a high rate of speed causes the death of both the driver of the sports car but also an innocent bystander. Let me take it one step further. IF it was due to a medical condition which was known about, what was that guy doing in that car in the first place? Here's the thing you need to understand. When you get behind the wheel of any car, you have a responsibility to all around you. Yes, accidents happen, but you have a responsibility. The first thing to be considered here, is to find out what happened and who was at fault. It would have been nice if the wife of the guy in the Cali had not started out by saying that she thought it was due to a medical condition, but rather just say that she don't know, because at this stage, SHE DON'T! That to me stinks of trying to wiggle your way out, sorry to say. Rather than waiting for the results, she puts up her defence right out of the gate. That is not very considerate to the woman in the black car and her family.

Whipcity76 and Texas Forever like this.
  5. JC Andruet

JC Andruet Karting

Jan 16, 2013
    I'd suggest you Google Andreas Lubitz.

As for the rest of you, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Show some f*cking dignity and stop casting aspersions until the FACTS are known, rather than just spewing conjecture from the comfort of your keyboards. It's disgraceful behaviour.
    All that's called for is "RIP" for those who passed. Nothing more. If however you've more to say, at least have the common decency to wait until the official accident report is released.

9650max likes this.
  6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Geez, all I said in my response to this thread was "terrible" (along with most people calling it a tragedy) and am now being told to be ashamed of myself...:eek:

Bottom Line:
    We know nothing other than people died, which is horrible. End of story at present.

anunakki and VAF84 like this.
  7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Tell me please what kind of medical emergency would make you floor it? Heart attack? I don't think so. Seizure? I dunno. Would a seizure make you extend your leg?

Who knows? I doubt we'll ever find out. It's not speeding that kills. It's stopping that kills ya. That said, he was going too fast on that road. Not only is there tons of traffic (this would have been the end of morning rush hour), but that road has stop light after stop light.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Also, his wife said this was his first fast car. Driving fast takes practice. It is just as likely he had a brain freeze. He didn't know what to do.

Sad for everybody involved.

Be careful out there. This is why I prefer to drive on two-lane country roads on Sunday morning. Deer suck. But I'd rather hit a deer than a car.

Thecadster and VAF84 like this.
  9. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    Maybe the driver was originally from Russia, a lot of people there don't know to find the brakes and put the gaspedal to the bottom.

Or he had a fight with his wife and wanted to end everything.

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    "HPD's vehicular crimes division is investigating the fatal accident."

Why don't we wait for their report before assigning blame. ;)

JSinNOLA likes this.
  11. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Medical my ass, the only medical is his retarded decision to buy the car in the first place, its that simple.

Thank you

12. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Harsh, much? wow

Jedi

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    ..................... I got nothing .................... o_O

14. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Maybe, he was retarded in his decision to apply for a drivers license in the first place, my God, watch the video, are you kidding me ? Its too bad, an innocent person had to die. This idiot had no business being behind the wheel of my Dads John Deere riding mower , its that simple.

Thank you

15. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    We’ll never hear it. This is already yesterday’s wine in the big city.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  16. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Many men experience their first heart attack in their 40's and you don't know its coming.

As someone that has been interviewed by the press multiple times, I can tell you that often context is left out of the conversation with what is broadcast or put into print so I don't take what I read as the full story.

VAF84, Boomhauer and JSinNOLA like this.
  17. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Life insurance claim would be paid regardless of driver’s actions unless ruled suicide in first two years of a policy.

Source - am a life insurance agent

Either way, pretty terrible.

18. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    If you click the OP's link in his first post and scroll down, some of the comments are so unbelievably moronic

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I well aware how the press deals with the truth, and have plenty of media experience myself.

But I would like to point out that in such situations where there is a prior history of something, they usually mention it as they tend to find that interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Huh?

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The comments to the article on the news article website itself are at the bottom of that article. Like this comment:

"Probably some trust fund kid that grow with no common sense and no real life experiences... Finally inherited all the money and went out and bought a Ferrari and couldn't handle the extreme power... and probably coked out of him mind. I know how some of these people are and they live in that area. Doesn't surprise me."

Whipcity76 and Texas Forever like this.
  22. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I get it now. Thanks.

23. JayGeeee

JayGeeee Rookie

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    James H Gill II
    Hmm

Please everyone read the entire article before commenting. The widow saying it was a medical emergency, perhaps she knows something about his medical history we don't?? History of seizures? Cardiac history? Both could have easily caused this crash and what seems, to the armchair investigator, as somewhat odd driving. He crossed the median and just continued in a straight line???! Why would someone do that unless they were already unconscious??

24. JayGeeee

JayGeeee Rookie

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    James H Gill II
    If it was cardiac, yes. Unfortunately, if it was a seizure, no. Maybe they could make an assumption if, for example, he had a history of seizures, was on seizure medication, and his blood levels show below therapeutic levels of his med. But even then, there's no physical proof of a seizure. If there was a stroke, you'd be able to see that as well. Especially since he later died at the hospital and not at the scene. If he had died at the scene, the autopsy might have such massive trauma overlying (I won't get more graphic) that you wouldn't be able to say.

Incidentally, I'm a doctor so I'm not just guessing on this stuff and I hope what I say helps.

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    So should I have replied:
    very happy...

Stay dangerous folks.

:)
    Hmm