Calling all 365GTC\4 owners, drivers | FerrariChat

Calling all 365GTC\4 owners, drivers

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bowzer, Jul 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hello all
    Is it possible for a 6'3 tall person to sit comfortably behind the wheel of a Ferrari 365 GTC\4 ?
    Is it spacious for a large framed person ?

Thank you

2. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm little (5ft 7in and 160lb) but I know some tall and/or large guys who have no trouble in a C4. By Ferrari standards the cabin is large with good head room. Go find one and sit in it. There is not a lot of seat bolster either, so you can slide into it easily.

3. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Thank you Sir, was my last problem prior to travel to view car.

4. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I'm just under 6ft 2" and my Dad was a little taller than me and we both could fit easily in the GTC4. Having said that the seats are in my opinion not that comfortable, and I think the Daytona's are much better for a long journey (although the GTC4 has other attributes that are better on a long run). The C4 seats lack support especially under the thighs.

My Dad who may have put more miles (40,000 plus between his two) on GTC4's than anyone in the world in the last twenty years did play around with different seats. His primary driving C4 had a pair of seats from a 348 in it for quite a while.

5. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    my memory of GTC/4 and this was my first Ferrari 30 years ( and had more than 20 since including 2 Daytona’s) was that the seat bottom part was not hinged back enough and therefore the seat was slippery forward. Added to limited thighs support this is not a good position for long distance driving.
    While the front height of the seat is not adjustable I am sure a good mechanic can actually fit shims in the front to increase the angle and make it adjusted to your morphology. We do that every time on race cars that have most of the time fixed seats anchor points so fitting the seat and even lowering the seat should not detract you from buying the car if you like it !

Bowzer and Daytonafan like this.
  6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes you will fit just fine.

Bowzer likes this.
  7. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior