Best parking at hotels on the California coast? | FerrariChat

Best parking at hotels on the California coast?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by rw99, Jul 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rw99

rw99 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Hi, all… I’m looking to spend some time driving the coast this year, and I’d like to start a reference thread for recommended hotels with covered and/or secured parking. Where have you stayed that offered up easy no-scrape access and no-worries security?

I’ll start by mentioning one of my own favorites: Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey. A nice hotel, fun area, and multi-level self parking garage that usually has a few “quality” open parking spots. Caveat: you want to exit by the same gates you use to enter the garage, which is from the hotel’s plaza entrance roundabout. A separate garage exit exists that dumps you straight onto Del Monte Ave, and this ramp isn’t particularly friendly to low clearance cars.

Please share your own favorites with good parking, anywhere from San Diego to Oregon. And thanks in advance for your input.

Rich

SVCarEnthusiast and jc1 like this.
  2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Great idea Rich, hope the list gets attention and some great of contributions. I'll offer up a couple:

- Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, in the handful of times I've parked here they always keep the exotics in front. It's been a while but I've self parked there with a proper acknowledgment to the staff.

- The other is Elk Cove Inn (Mendocino county). This is an out of the way place between Point Arena and the town of Mendocino, free and open parking in a beautiful cove right off highway 1. Big and wide open parking area for their 20 or so rooms, not paved but a good surface. No covered parking, so expect the fog-drizzle endemic to this area depending on the time of year. The drive to get there - north or south - is epic.

rw99 likes this.
  3. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Following this for sure. Planning to drive from San Diego to Napa in my 458 sometime in the next couple years.

4. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Post Ranch Inn on HWY 1 in Big Sur. Incredible location on a bluff overlooking the Pacific. Very remote with few buildings for miles. Great restaurant and unique rooms. Pricy but you get what you pay for. No covered parking that I know of but very secure due to location.

rw99 and SVCalifornia like this.
  5. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    One of the best meals I've ever eaten was there. We didn't stay there but next time we will for sure.

6. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Four Seasons Santa Barbara - beautiful hotel, great spa and restaurant. Parking isn’t super great per se, but they keep exotics at the front and allowed me to self park. It is uncovered, so expect some mist. It was a particularly warm day and I wasn’t happy about leaving the car uncovered - the staff was kind enough to bring towels and lay them across the dash and parcel shelf to protect the leather (see pic below). Super nice gesture and highly recommended.

Ruben

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Timo Seefeld likes this.
  7. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Il Tifoso likes this.
  8. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    The Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay typically parks the high end cars up front next to the hotel entrance. They have always been accommodating and let me park my 328 up front.

SonomaRik likes this.
  9. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  10. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills had a nice parking garage under the hotel inside of their courtyard. It took me a while arguing with the valet guy and finally having to call hotel manager to let me self park my car.

SIXTY Beverly Hills has a few private garages with roll down doors for single car in front of their main entrance. Might have to reserved those in advance though.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jc1 likes this.