992 Turbo S | Page 3 | FerrariChat

992 Turbo S

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jim g, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Had a 600LT spider and now have a 720 Spider. I feel these cars are so under appreciated.

And that is coming from a long time Porsche fan.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    What until you try launch control I have never been in a car that fast from 0 to 60 mph. I have 3500 miles on mine and it is the ultimate daily driver.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I ordered the opposite car as yours - guards red exterior/black leather w/red stitching interior, no carbon fiber, all performance upgrades, custom wheels, aero kit, upgraded cruise control, lift kit w/other upgrade package, standard sound system, sports Exaust was included in one of the optional equipment packages.
    Most of my other cars are some variance on grey and always had at least one red or tangerine Porsche so this one will replace my guards red 997.2 TTS.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree. They’re so special.

slm likes this.
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Only 120 miles on the car but decided to get some baseline performance test numbers. I won’t launch for about 200 more miles. Over half a tank of fuel in the car and about 80F out. Tire pressure too high from dealer (38F and 42R). I need to drop about 6 PSI front and back.

pretty impressive. These will improve as well.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    What kind of custom wheels are you putting on?

8. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Here is mine in brewster green. You could see the contrast in this particular picture in the sun and shade. When I first went to pick it up, I asked the salesman, whose beautiful black 911 it is? That’s how dark it is without natural light.
    Anyway the ride is as in most 911’s. Composed and smooth. Unlike our beloved F cars, it’s a very easy chassis, not nervous or eager to burst out kind of feel at first. But you know that it has a lot to offer as soon as you start to drive it. It’s quite sedate at normal driving. At highway speeds it’s so quick and unphased. I have taken it to some twisty mountain road and was taken aback at its non-obtrusive front wheel. Similar to my gt3 touring the front grip is light and does not interfere with your steering input. They have really done a job with the front traction that the AWD is primarily making you faster and saving me from my own amateur inputs. Much more of the racing pedigree is there.

Haven’t tried the launch control, but even without it, I am several car lengths ahead on an easy take off from stop lights.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

sigar, RWP137, Bas and 2 others like this.
  9. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The wheels are the Porsche option on the far right of the four options on the configurator. The only option that was additional cost. Like the wheels on post#58 only I didn’t get them painted. I figured I would decide after I got the car if I wanted them painted or not. Pretty sure my local wheel shop can paint them the color I want for something less than $1,290 if I decide to paint them at all. Post#58 is the black painted option.

Andial likes this.
  10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I’m considering heading back to Porsche Land a bit. Think I will get on the list for one of these! I had a 991 4S Cab that we loved but traded it to enter Ferrari world. Now trying to decide if we keep the F8 or let it go. It is so hard to let go but I know I won’t drive it much. Oh well, don’t have to decide today. :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    @buddyg i did my first launch in this tonight. At 4K RPM not 5k. It’s completely insane. This is going to be addicting.

Ferraris, Mclarens etc all have a slight pause when they launch before they grip and go. This thing just GOES! Wow.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

sasso1977 and Texas Forever like this.
  12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    HAHA I told you! Now either put it in sport plus mode or in sport hit the sport response button and the launch will be from 5K and wow you even more!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  13. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave

Can you compare these two? Is the 600 more fun if not looking for a gt/daily?
    Sorry I guess this is veering off topic

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So I’m now 1k miles into my 992 TTS journey. Basically the best car ever. Comfortable, great tech, beautifully made, steering and brake feel are WAY better than expected, fast as hell and the launch control is nuts. I’ve clipped off 2.47 seconds to 60 mph with no rollout.

It is a car that makes you feel invincible. Take a bend at 120 mph, no problem. Probably could have taken it at 150 mph. See a gap, stomp on the throttle and you’re there. Floor it on the highway, look down expecting to see 130 mph and you’re going 150 mph.

It’s a triumph. Great job Porsche.

15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    buddyg likes this.
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  17. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    It’s an awesome car! Can’t think of a better daily driver!

18. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks guys.
    Now I am on the waitlist for one. :)

Tried to get an allocation for a GT3 Touring (with a manual just for fun) but was unsuccessful. I’d like one of each.

I had a C4S cab before entering F world and really miss it.

19. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    If you want the manual experience and unable to get GT3 you might consider a 718 in manual. I have one and it’s a hoot. Can have fun with it more in normal driving.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    That’s a great thought!

21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    0-60 tonight in 2.3 seconds. And I get about 25 mpg on the highway. Unbeatable daily driver.

slm likes this.
  22. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yes Sir!

23. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Has anyone seen what the 2021 992 TTS is going for? Saw a chalk coupe yesterday at my local dealers morning for $50k over sicker and thought no one is going to pay that. Went to lunch and came back 2 hours later to check with my car( a 2022 TTS) and my salesman on the delivery date on my car. My salesman told me he just sold the the 2021 TTS (used /2,400 miles on the clock) for the $50k over sticker -$293k+. Seems like the market has gotten really crazy :eek::rolleyes:

24. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Same here. Offer came in from the dealer. There is a long waiting list for most 911’s especially TTS. Every new one is presold. Tempting to pick up $50,0000. I have decided to keep mine, however. Only if we had two!

25. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I have bad timing. Tried to order Turbo S Cab back in August. No allocations available. I had no idea. Standard Cab came in and they offered it to me at $25k over. No thanks.