Sold - 1999 F355 Spider, 6-speed manual, FCA Platinum Award Winner | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 1999 F355 Spider, 6-speed manual, FCA Platinum Award Winner

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Challenge, Jun 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  2. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    This may be the 355 for Magnus Walker!

3. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Wow very nice looking car. Maybe the perfect 355.

4. G-Ride Garage

G-Ride Garage Rookie

Jul 11, 2021
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Someone is going to get a great deal!

jjmalez likes this.
  5. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I remember walking into Ferrari Dealer Lake Forest Sportscars in 1999. They had two new 355's in their showroom - red/tan GTS and yellow/black Spider.

While talking with the staff, I asked why these are still available when so many dealers are sold out.

His response, they are 6 speed manuals. Everybody wants the F1.

D'oh!

gsworld2014 and JSinNOLA like this.
  6. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks for all the compliments everyone. Just a quick update. The car is still available. It's generated a decent amount of interest, but for some reason my ad has attracted mainly those who are not super familiar with the 355--or Ferraris in general. I need someone who is lusting for the 355 experience. It is not currently advertised anywhere else and my preference is to avoid the BAT route--but I may do it.

Many have asked why I am selling. I want a 458. While adding a 458 and keeping the 355 would be optimal, I just can't swing it.

One of the only imperfections of the car is that the dash vents are missing the little white arrows. I may send these out to get refinished properly, but with each additional item I fix or update, the firmer my asking price becomes. With the 41K-mile GTS selling for $166K a few days ago, I can't believe mine has not sold at $119K. Any less than this and I'll keep it and enjoy it.

jjmalez likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    There are very few real buyers in this audience- gotta put a car like this on bat

8. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    ^this

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Unless I needed to sell quickly, I would never take control of my property out of my hands and put it in the hands of an auction site. They will only agree to the lowest reserve. They don’t care about you they just want to move cars. Most of the time, it takes a little time to sell a car. As far as I’m concerned, if I’m selling a car, I’ll decide what price I agree to, not an auction site. Yes, there have been some big sales on BAT but they are not the norm. I don’t know why anyone would agree to losing that level of control. In this day and age, there are multiple options to market the sale of a car to reach a large audience.

Prancing 12 and speedyellow08 like this.
  10. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Probably because BAT has been getting bonkers prices and the most eyeballs for quite some time now. Especially for cars that present very well like this one. Prices have fetched levels well above the always inflated asking prices of dealerships, so if one is intent on selling, then utilizing BAT has a long list of pros and short list of cons.

Texas Forever and Oengus like this.
  11. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    BaT is very realistic with their reserves. Not sure where you are getting your info...

12. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    IMHO, seller should expand his advertising to reach what is probably limited to car collectors.

DuPont ?

13. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  14. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Reduction: $115K (firm).

Team-Riecke likes this.
  15. Team-Riecke

Team-Riecke Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Jay Riecke
    Please contact me.
    Jay

16. Team-Riecke

Team-Riecke Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Jay Riecke
    Or how do I contact you?

17. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
  18. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    PM sent to you.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Lets get this done!

JSinNOLA and Challenge like this.
  20. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Or with that Yellow Bannana guy who posts on this site, or BAT, or eBay motors, Craigslist? It's a personal choice.

Everyone has their comfort zone . I am almost ready to sell my 458 to move to a Ferrari Hybrid ( is it an up move or down move? ...still pondering). I would probably post here and on Dupont. But that's just my own preference. I would rather sell to an affeccionado, at a lower price, who know what they want than hassle with " commoners" or engage people who sell used cars to feed their family.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  21. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The car is now in the queue at BAT so this listing will likely come down in the near future.

patina likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The audience on Bat will eat this car up

sixcarbs, willwork04 and JSinNOLA like this.
  23. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    Great move. It will be worth the hassle. PM me if you have any questions about the process, I’ve sold a few cars there.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  24. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Hit and miss actually. One car I did fine with them on... The other they kept trying to push me $30k under market and $40k under a car they sold recently with fewer options and in worse condition. Ended up selling it privately for $40k over what I was originally pushing as reserve ($70k swing).

But generally I think BaT is probably the best auction site if you go that route. Just know what you are getting into and be firm on your reserve.