High mileage 599’s | FerrariChat

High mileage 599’s

Discussion in '612/599' started by Inadeje, May 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    All things considered, the miles on those cars don't really seem high at all. Not surprised they are in Europe, where people actually use the cars.

The high mileage 599 in this week's FML is 11,000 miles, which is absurd for a car like that. The high mileage 612 is only 21,000 miles, which is equally absurd.

SonomaRik, Loxo and Bas like this.
  2. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    bought mine last July with 11,000 miles....just turned 16,000 this weekend and hope to hit 20,000 + by end of summer.....100K here I come!!!

3. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    I sold my 2009 599 with 42,000 miles on it. very little brake wear and clutch was showing 20% wear. these are solid cars.

donv, Mark Carbone, LARRYH and 8 others like this.
  4. Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2020
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Full Name:
    Hughesie
    Mines on just shy of 59k miles now, love it !

SonomaRik, Mark Carbone, Bas and 5 others like this.
  5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Over 44K on mine, I had a radiator leak and oil cooler leak and had to replace the AC compressor. For a 13 year old car I still think that's pretty good.

Bundy and jimshadow like this.
  6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The techs here still say that the 599 is a very robust car.

Bundy, Nonoyeahyeah, donv and 2 others like this.
  7. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    Mine is 80kkm now and still in perfect condition

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą FerrariChat

Bas likes this.
  8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm almost at 30K miles... so far not to bad, routine stuff - other than the radiator... but its an old car when you really look at it.

Bas likes this.
  9. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Bas, F3RN4ND0, Camp Freddie and 3 others like this.
  10. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    DONT DO IT. MUST STOP EVIL THOUGHTS

Loxo, Mark Carbone, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  11. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I am working on the "rationalizations"....you know when you know WHAT you SHOULD do but try to figure out some reason to not. This pic is part of that process......:confused:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Some day, I think someone will start exporting these super low mileage 599s and 612s to Europe, where they actually use the cars.

ifeelfree0 and Texas Forever like this.
  13. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    SCantera - what color is yours? I’m in love with the dark reds, and will be seeking one out in a couple years, mileage not a concern!

14. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    After having my 2008 HGTE since last May, I've doubled the mileage to 25k. Warranty expires this July so need to press even further.

15. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

Loxo, SCantera, Mark Carbone and 4 others like this.
  16. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yep, this is why I still have my car. It is VERY hard to sell the 599.

SCantera, Texas Forever and Clembo like this.
  17. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    It may be an old car, but it is achingly beautiful and feline.
    looks good from any angle--and
    I get compliments everywhere.

Mark Carbone likes this.
  18. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

I had my car at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this weekend. It didn't win anything because it's way too young, however the amount of attention it got was huge and very gratifying.

375+, SCantera, Mark Carbone and 2 others like this.
  19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You no toucha dis car. If you do, I will break your face.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I totally agree with you. I had the car out over the weekend - forecast was sunny 10 % chance of rain. ... it turned out to be like 55% chance 20 min after I left the house. BUT - this car does not leak, easy to drive , and once back it was easy to clean off... Its nice to get the notices.. but I just like how I feel at about 5K in 4th gear... its brief moments but fun!

Anthony James and Skidkid like this.
  21. Mark Carbone

Mark Carbone Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Cocoa Beach
    Full Name:
    Mark A Carbone
    Awesome that you are going for it. Sad that we are all so scared to add miles or our precious cars will lose value. So so silly. Miles are given far too much credit on our cars worth. We rebuild the whole things anyway. I have a 599 with 8,600 and I'm dropping $60,000 into in the next 3 months just to keep it in perfect shape. I want to get a KW hydraulic suspension so I can drive it without bottoming out but I'm concerned I'll lose value. I may go ahead and do it anyway. Rather have amazing comfort and convenience and cool to raise and lower it than worry about losing a little value. Good for you on not being afraid to add miles!!

One more thing, I am blacking out all the ugly, beyond ugly silver and chrome bits on the car. They messed up. The factory wheels are hideous as well, all 3 styles. Hideous. Same with how high the car sits. Funny - in all marketing pictures, they lower the cars and then sell us them with dinky tires and 2 inch too high chassis.

22. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sounds like you bought the wrong car.

23. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

#24 Inadeje, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Not defending the 599 but mine has black chrome around all the windows (I thought they all did?) and only chrome on the whole car is a sliver around the front Ferrari emblem, the whole rear prancing horse emblem is chrome, the grill is stainless (looks chrome). It also has chrome tailpipes. Are you referring to this chrome? My suspension doesn’t bottom out under any circumstances that I have ever driven the car. I find the challenge wheels hideous on the car, and much prefer the pentagon standard wheels (which I have). The GTO wheels would be my only option if I was upgrading (I’m not). Finally mine sits nice on standard suspension, so I wouldn’t lower it. One change I did make was removing the superfluous secondary cats, replacing them with fabspeed straight pipes. It gives the car the exact right amount of extra DB’s without sounding loud. The car turns heads and draws the right kind of attention. I truly love it and frankly wouldn’t trade this for a F12 nor a superfast. It’s a solid car with little to no computer bs. Pure driving machine.

George Vosburgh and Mark Carbone like this.
  24. Mark Carbone

Mark Carbone Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Cocoa Beach
    Full Name:
    Mark A Carbone
    Justin, have you replaced the dashboard leather yet? In all those miles, what have been your top 5 things replaced over $2,000? Mine has 8,600, 2007 599GTB.

My boots on a-arms and tie rods are all cracked. That seems early. I don't know anything about the car's first 10 years. I've only owned it a month. Is that normal wear and tear from 14 years of just having it? The Clutch was just replaced as well.