FF rusted brake bolts | FerrariChat

FF rusted brake bolts

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by IDKFA, Aug 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IDKFA

IDKFA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    RUNDLL
    Hello F Chatters,

One of the issues highlighted by my pre purchase research on the FF was to look out for rusty bolts on the CCM's. What I couldn't work out however was if people where refering to the small bolts around the face of the disc/rotor, or the two big ones that hold the caliper in place.

Also, how rusty is too rusty? Looking at mine I do have surface rust on some bolts but both look as though they could be easily removed. If I know which ones they are can I simply change them over?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    It’s the 10 bolts which hold the rotor to the bell.
    I believe that the Maserati boys (and girls) have been able to find aftermarket replacements if you feel that yours are too rusty.

3. IDKFA

IDKFA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    RUNDLL
    Thank you for that link TTFF. I take it the picture you shared at the beginning of that thread was the other end of the bolt? Do you Know if it's the nuts at the front that need replacing or also the bolt from the rear as well?

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Unfortunately i dont

5. IDKFA

IDKFA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    RUNDLL
    That's okay, thank you for sharing that last link, gives me a bit of a better idea of the problem.

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you are replacing these bolts, make sure you get the right parts. Those aren't just any bolt from the hardware store. Here's a suggestion. Measure the length you need, and see if Surface Transforms will sell you a set of bolts and nuts. I have a set of their bolts for 458/488 discs sitting here so let me know if you need a measurement to compare with.

It is also VERY important that they are not over-tightened. 10nm is all they need. They are locking nuts.

Odd that Brembo use such ****ty hardware - or maybe not actually. The discs aren't great either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

vraa likes this.
  7. IDKFA

IDKFA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    RUNDLL
    Hi ANOpax,

Do you have any more information about the Mazza solution?

8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    To me, it looks just to be the nuts that are a little rusty not the bolts but the pic is a bit small to tell.
    If its just the nut and you are concerned about it them. buy some new nuts from Ferrari and replace them, but they will need torquing up to the correct tightness, ask Ferrari what this is ? If this is too much for you do do, take to a local independent to do. They do not look rusty enough yet to be of any concern integrally.

9. IDKFA

IDKFA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    RUNDLL
    Hi Wheels1,

Yes I agree it's not bad now, but that's exactly why I'd want to do this DIY soon, rather than later. I don't use the car over winter when the roads here in the UK are salty so I could use that time to do a bit of preventive maintenance.

10. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I’m sorry - I can’t find the page again. It was either on PH or sportmaserati. I also had a supplier on eBay bookmarked but the bobbins and bolts are no longer listed.