FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2021....RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 18 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2021....RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Aug 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    F1 is so sick it's closer to death than to life. This has absolutely nothing to do with sport.

stavura, Picchu88, Sharknose and 4 others like this.
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I wonder what would happen if the entire car was turned up side down and the fuel filler cap removed.

{{But then, too, I wonder why they try to cut it so close......}}

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    only a matter of time before it merges with FE. They’ve lost the plot big time.

crinoid likes this.
  4. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I would like to see FE with refueling.

Terra and lagunacc like this.
  5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    For years I’ve also thought they would merge.

6. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sharknose and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    it will eventually but not tomorrow. How many European governments have banned ICE come 2025-2030?

crinoid likes this.
  8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Never a question of your info. You always bring the goods…I understood it was Otmar’s take on the issue.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  9. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    The "magic brake issue" was another Hamilton brain fart mate.

Best,
    Sammy

fil, 375+, stavura and 2 others like this.
  10. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I meant to type "brake magic." And I miscalculated LH's current WDC lead. It's currently 6 points, (not 16). But that might change to 8 points if Aston Martin lose their sub-1 liter fuel appeal.

sammysaber likes this.
  11. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    All good mate.
    Best,
    Sammy

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

zygomatic and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    All **** ups on his own accord.

If Max's pirelli didn't explode 2 laps from the end. If Lewis didn't punt Max out. If Bottas didn't take Max out.

Lets assume P2 for the last 2. 25 + 18 + 18. With Lewis finishing P3 in Baku as he would've. Max would be 51 points in the lead.

Jakuzzi, piolaxo, 375+ and 4 others like this.
  14. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    If ifs and buts were chips and nuts...

Bas likes this.
  15. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    So if things had worked out better for LH in Baku (+25 lost points) and Hungary (+10 lost points, or +7 lost points if Aston loses their appeal), then his lead in the WDC could've instead been circa-41 points now.

16. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Well, I liked the race. Screw ups happen in the rain, and Red Bull got hurt the worst. And then the race went on. Max's car was obviously a badly damaged machine...and he put in the laps and got the points he could get. Lewis overcame a Mercedes tactical error, drove a good race and salvaged a podium and took over the drivers championship lead. The three heroes of the race are Ocon, Vettel, and Alonzo. In the post race interview, I don't think Ocon was yet aware of how much of his win he owes to Alonzo. By holding up Hamilton...fighting with him all the way...Alonzo gave Ocon the margine needed to claim victory. And Vettel drove at a level I haven't seen from him in years. He is giving Aston Martin every dollar's-worth they pay him in this race alone. And I go back to Alonzo...he drove with fire in his belly, and with great skill. He used up his car defending his team's and team mate's lead. If Hamilton had gotten past Alonzo five laps earlier, he would have definitely passed Ocon and won the race. If Alpine can build on today, they will be wise to bring back both drivers for next year. Yes Bottas caused the crash that altered the entire race, and it will cost him in the next race. But he isn't the only driver to ever get caught out in the rain and hit the back of the car in front of him. If Vettel decides to not come back next year, Bottas would be a good addition to Aston Martin.

DF1, Terra and WilyB like this.
  17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I though Vettel drove an excellent race, as good as I have seen him run since 2018.
    I though Ocon drove brilliantly to keep Vettel behind and not make any mistakes on his own.
    And we were treated to a race where a podium position had to fight, quite literally, through every one of the non podium positions still running.

Now, if only they could undo the first 20 seconds of said race............

18. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
  19. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    The event (race) had finished?
    It wasnt a practice session?

[/QUOTE]
    I believe the event isn't over until scrutineering is completed and all cars signed off. All the cars are placed in parc ferme after the race. Pulling 1L of fuel is part of the post race compliance checking process. I don't believe this to be unique to F1?
    It also looks like the FIA are keeping it under parce ferme conditions due to the appeal process, and thus giving them a chance to prove the fuel is indeed in the tank, and this may be a pump issue - per the team.

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Got an entire video for that!

21. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Team let him know. They drove in formation. Alonso celebrated with Ocon.
    Ocon called him a legend which is spot on.

Other drivers have more WDC's, but Alonso transcends the stats.
    Regretfully he didn't a WDC in the F, but he extended around that wound, and his driving today was magical.

Legend.

sammysaber, WilyB, fil and 10 others like this.
  22. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Awesome.

Bas likes this.
  23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'm showing a 36pt lead based on the above scenario (you may not have added in Baku in 3rd) Regardless, he would have a race in hand. Lost of twists and turns in an F1 season though. As Murray Walker said “In Formula 1, anything can happen, and it usually does”

DF1 and Terra like this.