F8 - F8 Tributo - First Time Buyer | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Tributo - First Time Buyer

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by williocom, Jul 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    I lol’d at down pipe dude

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shadowfax likes this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You have done this mod on both a Pista and F8 ? IN CALIFORNIA ? Really . Isnt that illegal ? And also void Ferrari warrantee.

Must be to rich or dont give a ****.

Are you some kind of You Tube influencer ? Just asking ?

Coincid and Shadowfax like this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You can tell by his terminology he has zero clue about the car, what makes it tick, and the parts which comprise the system. Just read what he said on his first post and you can see he really doesn't know what he's talking about least of all what he actually paid for or got himself in to. Sad. But frigging hilarious nonetheless. To think that this level of entertainment is available for free is incredible. So yes, commencing forthwith he is now renamed down pipe dude.

PS Mandalay no he is not an influencer. He is down pipe dude!

Headsuppassinglft and MANDALAY like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Darian changed his avatar to conceal his identity. Smart move.

5. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Holy cow guys, this has gone off topic, you are going to scare the new guy away and he is going to go out and buy an Audi R8 or NSX! :eek:

360superveloce likes this.
  6. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    SF - Think he’s the same guy. Thought his latest acquisition was/is a Stradale 90 Aperta(?). He texted me a couple of P/S runs with a confederate in the car. Crazy ‘stuff but quite entertaining. He’s got a couple of future builds in the works, don’t remember what they are. Yeah, that lack of a glove compartment. No need if all you got is a toothbrush and a G-String.

Never owned a Pista but know from the grapevine that yes, they can be great DD’s. That said, I chickened out and got a ‘21 F8 Spider and a ‘21 812GTS. Fast approaching my 7th decade. Not a good tracker but enjoy triple-digit runs on our Interstates and fast country road drives. Am saddened as to Covid Delta Variant screwing-up my travel plans to return down under. Thoroughly enjoy each visit with excellent food, fantastic wines, and great comraderie. Your Mr. Morrison has really shut-down tourist travel for the foreseeable future. We left last year just before all h*** broke loose. Stay safe cobber and keep pumping out those great anecdotes. Best-Hugh

DQSF, MANDALAY, Shadowfax and 2 others like this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It might be the same guy but rather than put out his last name on a public forum, which he may not want- why not just message him to see if he is in fact the same guy.

8. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Point taken. My bad! Guess too many security issues at hand. I apologize. Do not have his actual handle on FC, but can email through Google Mail. Guess I got too excited when SF mentioned him in a previous thread. You know, 2 degrees from separation. Best-Hugh

SoCal to az likes this.
  9. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    That is a tasty combo, Senor Hugh. Everyone who has the financial means needs to have a mid engine v8 turbo and a front engine naturally aspirated v12.

10. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    A muchisima gracias Senior Drago! Yes, am very blessed to be able to get 2 very highly sought after Ferrari’s within 4 months of each other. Obviously, with freedom of information, every prospective buyer in the marketplace has been after me to sell either or both at the same time. Indicative of current market conditions, insane pricing has ensued.You know, the propensity of instant gratification, no waiting. Best-Hugh

Ivan Drago likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    all good. I believe he goes by @Lukeylikey

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Gentlemen,

What is in the debate is sound, a subjective topic if there ever was one. It is akin to a classical music fan deriding heavy metal or a country music fan saying techno is no good, and vice versa applies.

Let's take it down a notch and agree to disagree on what sounds reasonable or appropriate sounding to the individual.

Kind regards.

13. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You sure like red

14. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    Beautiful spec williocom. Classic. The only additional things I have on my F8 that I love are DLPA (SINGLE-COLOUR DREAMLINE ON F1 PADDLES) and DLUL (DREAMLINE ON UPP.+LOW. STEERING WHEEL RIM.) Expensive but like someone in here mentioned, it's another thing that is eye level. I've had several people mention how beautiful it is. I have the Daytona seats with full electric. I was surprised that the upper and lower side bolsters adjust so when on the track, I can get the seat to fit just right. They also feel like I'm "sitting in the seat as opposed to sitting on the seat." I have 8500 miles on mine now. I love cross country road rallies and it's great for that. Very comfortable and lots of luggage space. I also have ACPL (APPLE CARPLAY) I can have Waze and navigation playing at the same time. I ordered Tri-Colour Dreamline on the F1 Paddles in the SF90 I spec'd.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. GilbertSTIG

GilbertSTIG Rookie

Aug 20, 2012
    Congrats on your first Ferrari. Here are my recommendations. A light colored steering wheel with show dirt or grease from your hands. Consider upgrading wheels. Consider yellow or red seat belts - a minor addition, but impactful. Good luck!

Headsuppassinglft likes this.
  16. LivingthedreamBAB

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    BRIAN BUTT
    Obviously all subjective. But for me Daytona seats a non-starter. Have to have racing carbon buckets. Love mine and the comfort like many have said is as comfortable if not more comfortable than the other seats offered. Also being tall I like how low they are. I would also agree that a little alcantara especially on the seats would be prudent as in my experience it holds up better than leather. If it get a little matted down a quick brush and it’s right back to new. However once leather starts to get that shine from use it will never look great. Either way it’s a personal preference and I love hearing your story as I am young and also “graduate” up the car spectrum like you did over the past 15 years!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

jm2 likes this.
  17. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    Did you order it from Sarah B?

18. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    Likely true. Having never driven a Pista and very satisfied with my 458 I'm not going to do the upgrade. I'm never going to date a supermodel either. But, I'm happy with my wife.

19. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    I agree with the steering wheel showing dirt. My door handle used to close the door gets dirty and it's dark red.

20. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    I've really been enjoying your posts. I don't believe in turning a perfect car into Frankenstein's monster either. This is a big reason why I always buy new. You never know what some guy has done to a used car.

Viperjoe likes this.
  21. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Congrats! The first Ferrari is truly something special.

The "classic" red on tan has a black sterring wheel set-up, like others have mentioned it is easier to keep clean. My personal taste is either all black or all tan, having 3 main colours is too much for my ocd to handle, but different strokes for different folks.

But my biggest suggestion is to look at the 2 or 3 layer paints, or at least a metallic paint. The single most important option for your car is the paint, going with a triple layer red shows off the lines and the nuances of the design infinitely better then the flat rosa corsa. Standing back it really makes you go "wow". You'll also have something unique amongst a sea of RC V8 Ferrari's.

Dapuma likes this.
  22. Capo Supremo

Capo Supremo Karting

May 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Richard Garner
    No not Sarah although she has helped me with questions from time to time. I thought she was more admin / order tracker upstairs.

23. Capo Supremo

Capo Supremo Karting

May 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Richard Garner
    Does anyone know when 2022 model year F8 production will begin?

24. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I think the models manufactured after the August 2020 shutdown are noted as 2022 year model. But I could be wrong.

25. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    I’ve heard it doesn’t transition after the factory break and that the transition is independent. It’s rather arbitrary when they hit their allotment for the previous model year. The next unit off the line gets stamped 2022. Anyone have a more precise answer or guidance?