FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2021....RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2021....RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Aug 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    See above. ^

stavura, classic308 and tifosi12 like this.
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It's kinda funny how the press states that Bottas' crash was the last nail in his coffin and that he'll loose his seat for next year. While Toto might keep that facade up, inside the motorhome he was high fiving Bottas for a job super well done. :cool:

sammysaber, lagunacc and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  3. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Nice little race for a change at a garbage track thanks to Wally. Fern the driver of the day with Hammy a close second. Nice to have a new team (sort of) and driver join the record books- same as Panis in Monaco. Pit crew, car and driver in the right place at the right time.

subirg, ricksb, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I find that a bit disrespectful. Hungaroring GP is by now actually one of the oldest races in the calendar. Was the first race "behind the iron curtain". And as a track it is simply beautiful for the spectators.

5. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Surely that's 5 better?

furoni might have watched had it been a Ferrari. I guess that US GP is one of his favourites.

tifosi12 likes this.
  6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think she’s saying it tends to be a parade circuit, like Monaco. Beautiful and historic, but generally a snooze fest.

Isobel likes this.
  7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I get that. Still wouldn't call it a garbage track.

And this year as well as in recent years it has produced quite some interesting racing. Tracks where passing is easy have produced parade laps and snooze fests as well.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Jeronimo GTO and F2003-GA like this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Nembo1777 likes this.
  11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    you're hilarious

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think Horner & Max nailed how this unfolded: a) Bottas has a horrible start and is passed by half the grid into turn 1, b) red mist ensues, c) Bottas believes he can late-brake at T1 (in wet conditions) to gain places back, d) Stroll concurs, and e) F1 Apocalypse underway.

Merc is under the same budget restrictions as everyone else, so what Bottas did was absolutely wrong on all sides. He is a hapless driver, who seems to panic in the moment...that's the reason he is not as successful as he should be given the car he has and his ability to drive fast.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas, sammysaber and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm not buying the budget restriction argument simply because I cannot imagine how the FIA would ever control this for a global company like MB/AMG. Same goes for Ferrari and probably Red Bull. Way too many loopholes to "increase the budget".

I believe Russell in his seat for next year is a foregone conclusion.

Bas and william like this.
  14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think yesterday would have been nice if both Hamilton and Verstappen had sound cars working from the back. You can't pass comfortably on Hungary, but with guys who have everything to gain (and lose), they'll find a way. Hamilton/Alonso was a great duel. Only one questionable move, the rest was just great anticipation by Alonso to hold off Hamilton's charge. Hamilton got there eventually (no small feat...remember Alonso held up a faster Schumacher at Monza, no less, for an entire race) and almost maxed out after the restart foible. Max did well to finish that car in the points.

I'm hopeful we won't see any more smash up derby. Accidents happen all the time in F1, but rarely between title contenders (in different teams).

15. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Actually, Sttoll does a Grosjean(going left to right and hits Kvyat) then decides to make his F1 car a Rally car and decides to.go into.the wet grass on the apex of T1......genius!!!

fil, Jeronimo GTO and ricksb like this.
  16. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There's literally so much to say about this race... the impact on the championship that it had and what will also be surely do to the future grid penalties that Merc has caused RB.

But for me the single most telling thing was Lewis on the radio after not being able to pass Alonso. For him to publicly state that Alonso was too aggressive and saying "at this speed... it's dangerous" will literally be the most laughable moment of the season. After what he did last race... he's complaining that Alonso not just letting him pass and defending for position was dangerous.

I've been pretty indifferent of Lewis all these years. I recognize that he's a great driver, but at the same time easily one of the most protected it seems. He clearly lives in a bubble... encased in an echo-chamber of yes-men all telling him how wonderful he is. I wonder if there's anyone who'd be willing to pull him aside and just say... "tone it down... fault or no fault the last two races we took out our rivals and changed the course of both championships."

Picchu88, Bas, gh0st0 and 14 others like this.
  17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Fred did move over on him at T4 on one of his pass attempts. Most of his driving was just excellent anticipation, but at that speed you're not always going to be neat and tidy. Fortunately both guys are skilled enough that it didn't end up in a disaster...it easily could have.

Patrick Dixon and william like this.
  18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +77 Post of the month! (so far)

Bas, lagunacc and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  19. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    +33

:D:D:D

Bas likes this.
  20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And yet we were treated to 2 spectacular races there in 3 years--with lots of passing, some bad and some good strategies playing out.

Bas and tifosi12 like this.
  21. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    The good news is Spa is next, so there’s rarely ever a turn one incident there! ;):D

Bas, tifosi12 and Nortonious like this.
  22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    o_O:p

23. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Not gonna happen in this environment. LH is chasing rabbit holes and Merc is obliging.
    Maher put it best a couple of days ago.

Simplest solution is Max takes the WDC.

Bas and Nortonious like this.
  24. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Won't be simple. The Merc is a changed car....I said that if it was competitive with Red Bull in Budapest, we have virtually a new championship. Without the Bottas collision, Hamilton had already run out ahead of the pack into T1 and the car was on pole. It would have been great to see an actual race between Ham and Max, but the bottom line is that the cars are closer now, so it will be a battle until the end.

Prior to Silverstone, I thought the championship was over. Before the crash, I still felt things had tightened up, with Merc taking pole (barely) but since Silverstone is friendly to Merc I thought it may be a one-off. The pace at Hungary says that they are back in it. Should be an exciting second half (as long as the collisions stop)