Floppy Sunvisor & Water from footwell vents | FerrariChat

Floppy Sunvisor & Water from footwell vents

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by nicklondon, Aug 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nicklondon

nicklondon Rookie

May 21, 2013
    London
    Hi all -

Couple of issues I need help with. :)

Firstly my passenger side sun visor does not stay up and just sits in the down position, if you push it up it can't hold itself - very annoying. Has anyone experienced this and/or managed to repair the visor?

Secondly I had a river of water coming out from the vents on both the drivers and passenger side footwells, having done some reading it looks to be a common issue with a clogged AC pipe. I can't however find a walkthrough on how to fix? Has anyone done one and is there a link?

Thank you as always. Nick.

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    No help, I am afraid, just sympathy from a fellow sufferer. The same thing happens on my E-type - about 30 seconds after I push it up, it drops down by about 30 degrees!:(

3. Thomas S.

Thomas S. Karting

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Pragmatic solution for the visor: I just used velcro fastener tape to hold it up. Use it very rarely, so it's OK for me.

I had some water dropping into the passenger footwell right during my very first drive in my new-to-me 550 last year. Of course I was scared like hell that this would be my first encounter with the excessive maintenance bills, about which I had read so much on FChat... After I switched off the AC and dried up the spot on the carpet the problem never happened again - even when using the AC for a few hours (which I usually don't do because I prefer opening the windows and listening to the V12...:)). The previous owner (whom I know well and trust) also never faced that issue. Maybe I was just lucky...

4. nicklondon

nicklondon Rookie

May 21, 2013
    London
    A word of caution with the Velcro - the previous owner did this on my car and it's had a very adverse effect on my headliner. Basically, the other half forgets and has tried to pull it down a couple of times and the general weight load from the visor has pulled down the leather headliner making it sag slightly - very annoying.

5. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Reach out to Dave @ferraridriver he is the supplier of the permanent fix for the visor issue. You send him your visor(s) and he typically turns them around briskly.

ColGraves likes this.
  6. nicklondon

nicklondon Rookie

May 21, 2013
    London
    Thanks, I've reached out to him.

7. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
  8. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    There is a drain for the AC, it’s clogged. You can probably unclog it with a wire coat hanger. The drain is a rubber tube approx mid car beside the RHS of the exhaust. You can reach it without jacking up the car, but much easier if you can get under there. I’ve had the same problem, once I got the coat hanger up far enough, seems like about 2 litres of water came out real fast. The drain makes a turn towards the front of the car, so it takes a bit of force to get the coat hanger around the bend.

Qavion likes this.
  9. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave

Attached Files:

Qavion and AVIMAX like this.