355 Challenge seat differences question | FerrariChat

355 Challenge seat differences question

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by JAM1, Aug 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’ve got a 1998 355 Challenge evo and want to source the correct/original seats. Is there a difference from the earlier car seats to later versions, or non-evo to evo? Does anyone know of an available pair? Willing to refinish as needed…

2. thibaut

thibaut Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Thibaut A.
    I have a 1995 with the 98 evo kit on (the wing mostly but there could be other bits)
    I don’t think the seats were part of the evo package so they must be the same as the non evo. The 355 challenge seat are all carbon (I can’t recall the name but you will find posts on the forum that detail the exact modle type). The 348 challenge was kevlar carbon so you had the yellow weave together with the black. As far as I know they aren’t officially correct on 355 challenge although I wouldn’t surprised factory may have used any leftover stocks from 348 when they did the early challenges.

3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Quoting here in the event other users looking for the same info Barry provided me in the 355 section:

I am now on the hunt for a pair of OMP VID, OMP GRIP, or OMP EVOLUZIONE 2 VTR seats. If anyone has them please PM me!

4. thibaut

thibaut Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Thibaut A.
    All seats will have reached expiration date anyway.
    VID Carbon were difficult to source but I managed over 18 month to source one and then the other. Then having them re-covered etc.
    Good luck

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  6. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Joe,

Don't limit yourself to this forum in searching for period-correct OMP seats for your car. These OMP seats were used in Porsches, MR2s, Volvos and Hondas back in the day. I've seen them up for sale in Rennlist several times over the past few years.

Barry

JAM1 likes this.
  7. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
  8. Flash355

Flash355 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 10, 2018
    United Arab Emirates
    Full Name:
    James Thomas
    Correct seats for the 355CH are the OMP VID-CARBON. As others have said, they'll all be out of date by now, but those are the original seats if that's what you're after. They do occasionally come up for sale, but they cost a pretty penny these days!