Carbon fiber "footrests" | FerrariChat

Carbon fiber "footrests"

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Shermanator, Aug 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    Does anyone have carbon fiber footrests as advertised in this link https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/genuine/458-speciale/carbon-fiber-footrests in their Speciale, Pista or other 458/488/F8?

If so, could you post a close up picture of the heads fasteners holding them in?

I purchased a set from Ferrari Genuine, but the holes do not have a recess for the heads of the normal socket head screws like the standard aluminum ones do. The passenger side vertical piece in that covers the battery does have the recessed holes for the screw heads, but not the main horizontal floor boards. It is possible that Ferrari intends them to be held down with some decorative screw/washer combo that sits higher than the plane of the floor, but that seems a little strange.

2. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    I'm interested in these for my 458 spider. Could you post some photos of what you received? Following along to see what responses you get too.

3. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login The first picture is of one of the screws in the factory aluminum floorboard. The second is the same screw inserted in one of the holes in the CF floorboard.

The web page that I linked advertises these for the Speciale and not for other 458s, I am not sure if the same part will fit a 458 Spider, but I do not know why they would be different.

4. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Interesting. I'd probably pickup some nice black screws from the hardware store or https://www.mcmaster.com

Can you post some photos of the item as a whole? Did you order from your dealer or online? Would appreciate if you had a part # too. Thank you.

5. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    I did already buy nice black screws from McMaster. That does not really solve the problem of them protruding above the plane of the floor though.

I bought a larger kit (from Ferrari of San Diego, apparently your local dealer) that is no longer advertised on the Ferrari Genuine web site that included these and the very inner sill trim. Here are the details. The english translations are mine:

070003704 Kit Pianale Carbonio 458 VS GSX = 458 VS Carbon flatbed kit LHD

The kit contained:
    070003712 Pedana Pilota = Driver side footboard
    070003713 Pedana Passeggero = passenger side footboard
    070003714 Pedana Verticale Pass. = passenger side vertical footboard
    086070100 Copribrancardo Int. DX Carbonio = Right? Interior? Carbon Arm Cover
    086070200 Copribrancardo Int. SX Carbonio = Left? Interior? Carbon Arm Cover

Attached are pictures of the two main floor boards (070003712 and 070003713). The rest of the pieces are installed in the car which is in Colorado and I am currently in San Diego. I will be back there Sunday and can get more pictures if you want.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

The other issue is that on the passenger side there are no nutcerts to receive the screws that attach the bottom of the vertical footboard. I am looking at solving that with nut clips.