Pista vs. 2018 (ish) Aventador | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Pista vs. 2018 (ish) Aventador

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by EFerrari34, Jul 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    You’re crazy…truly. Hahahahahahaha!

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Unfortunately, the male of our species does have a preoccupation with penis size. Those who are not adequately endowed feel the compulsion to compensate by other overt means, usually by exaggerating archtypical male behaviour such as being overly aggressive with the accompanying need to strut their highly colored panonopy of visual adornments to attract suitable mates. This is common in the animal world where the males of the species are imbued with vivid and bold hues in order to attract a mate for breeding. Substitute the latter in humans, with conspicuous material possesions such as ornate jewellery, super cars, coupled with the need to be seen to associate with elites, celebrities or others of means. Obviously, none of this applies to me.

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So you’re saying collectively combined this thread is about 12 inches?

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Like a dog with a bone. If he goes off on this subject, look out.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In my personal survey of over 100 females, the overwhelming consensus is that males are more preoccupied with size than they are. So long as it gets the job done, too much of a good thing becomes a negative while not enough becomes a problem.

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Shadow provides me with a unique perpetual source of entertainment that must continue in perpetuity. There are no posts that I look forward to as much as his and by a wide margin.

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Put me down for 2! :D

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    I've been to several Ferrari dealer and club events here in Ny Metro and have yet to see of the "suede loafer hot girl courting types" at any time.
    mostly, either 50yr.old+ type businessmen or younger Wall streeters ,clean cut just unassuming nice people.
    Glad I don't live where all those posers hangout.

Viperjoe, Shack and Thecadster like this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I agree. Must be a regional thing. The car guys I have come into contact with are the antithesis of the caricature described in this thread.

Viperjoe likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    This reminds me of a Top Gear episode where Clarkson and Hammond get into an argument about whether or not Clarkson's Lambo is a bigger sign of a small boy downstairs syndrome than Hammond's GT3. Inevitably May get's entangled as he thinks they are idiots. Clarkson starts to argue with May that quickly puts an end to the argument by saying, " You realize that you are having this argument with a man that drives a 1 litre Fiat Panda, right?"

Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

italiafan and Jo Sta7 like this.
  11. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Miami has a large population of posers who launder their money on these expensive cars. A pound of chains around their neck and gaudy behavior gives them a negative admission ticket among much of the community.

12. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Glad you see it as I do.

13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    In my area pretty much every car guy I meet is a good guy. Recently for a make a wish type deal myself, DoctaM3 and a few other super car owners took our cars to a terminally ill boy who loves cars. The other owners were all great people. An older fella brought his 812SF with factory matte blue paint and blue carbon fiber through out. The car had like $350k in OPTIONS haha.

c8spidey and Thecadster like this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    By saying I have seen some weird people at Ferrari dealer events by no means implies ALL of them look that way. In a crowd of normal, nice, friendly, unassuming people there will be 1-3 weird looking, decked out in gear dudes with women by their sides that have a lot of plastic enhancements.

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #365 Shadowfax, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Dobre bros copped an unfair roasting all things considering. They too would be shaking their heads and questioning the non existant junk dept if they saw plastics vid. The remarks coming from their mouths would see them all banned immediately even though they’d be speaking the truth.

Definitely a higher percentage of snobs and wan/kers at Ferrari Lambo events than Porsche or Mclaren, but overall the events are still pretty good as are a lot of people there who aren’t drowning in their own self importance. Plus the more hot looking women the better i say! Nothing wrong with some decent eye candy to go with the cars and free booze particularly when ones hanging off your arm :cool::D

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Im assuming your contribution would be somewhere @ .05mm? :D

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Almost there @Shadowfax , seems like your on mission to get a permanent ban. You’re very close.

18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    What i pointed out was very true though. The thread showing dobre bros drew so much negative commentary yet his drew praise. Go figure. I mean these guys cant have it both ways surely? Alls fair in love and war - or maybe not so much on Fchat?

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Tell you what, show me this video of @plastique999 you speak of?

20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Youd be able to find it easy - most recent. Im too scared to link it now..
    Take a look at the Dobre bros thread and draw your own conclusions between the roasting and negative comments solicited by the posting of their vid. Pretty damming evidence imho.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Best thread ever

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Assuming it’s this one?

if so, regardless of your personal opinion of his revving, @plastique999 did not attack you or others here.

You however, have called him (your words) a ‘desperate old wanker.’

I consider myself a fair minded person, so looked up your history.

4 bans , 3 warnings (not counting this second one from me.)

@Shadowfax , your out of get out jail free cards, it’s the last inning, 2 outs, 2 strikes, and you’re out of timeouts.

Final warning on a permanent ban.

plastique999 likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    There is zero reason to pick on @plastique999 . He has been a good dude and an enthusiastic supporter of all vehicles. It’s nonsense to try to lump him
    In with dust man. Like GH stated/. Best thread ever.

24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    FWIW, I saw nothing wrong with the video. It was simply about showcasing the exhaust note for the benefit of the video. The parking lot where the revs took place was empty. It does not look like the on road revs were done in a particularly dangerous fashion. I guess I must have missed the hooning part.

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #375 Shadowfax, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Firstly I was not specifically calling him a desperate old wanker - just using the term in the context of how that behavior looks. And that IS exactly how it looks!

Secondly 3 of my bans were all directly associated to Dusty - for merely posing reasonable questions and suggestions which he refused to answer (pretty standard) - who rallied for my ban and got his way. The other ban was associated to calling out noone1 yet again I get banned and he got to continue his nonsense.

As I've explained to you by PM, I'm aware of other members on this very board who have specifically quoted to me as having ban counts of 6 - 7 or more and the other member 16 bans+ and he quoted two other members he knew who had well and truly above his ban count. So his 16 was far from record breaking - but my 4 is apparently. Seems fair huh?

For the 6 years I've been here my overall count is very minimal all things considering, so a threat of permanent seems overly harsh IMHO and somewhat discriminatory in a number of ways. That said I have always respected the decisions handed down to me gracefully even though I haven't agreed with them.

These other members whom I speak of as referencing their ban counts ( I solicited this information) also said their bans were all for directly insulting, attacking etc. Anyway, your call as always if you wish to perma ban me but I just felt i needed to point out the glaring anomalies which exist and, which would indict i'm being unfairly targeted by certain members rallying for my ban with pull from those they may sit in favor with behind the scenes.

This situation would also indicate these other members (who received countless bans) were insulting and attacking members who were not considered as favorable (in a Pet sense) to where they had any pull from behind the scenes yet were NOT perma banned.

So, it seems to be a case of who you know (behind the scenes) and, not what you know - and, a case of how you are favored in getting others banned who you don't like. In my case there is clearly a lot of truth in what I've said earlier with regard to certain members here having pull to get others banned. Not all too comfort inspiring if I may add. But again your call Paul....as always.

I would however agree there is a fine line between speaking the truth and insulting someone - but that goes on quite a lot when there are differing opinions. But again it comes down to who's involved in these contests and, who they know in the zoo to get you gone when things don't go their way. Ring a bell?

MANDALAY and Coincid like this.