PBIR Going Away? | FerrariChat

PBIR Going Away?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by CornersWell, Aug 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    There's a lot more to the story that isn't public knowledge.

I guess I will just say that there are a ton of moving parts and there have been for several months now.

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    When the current ownership took PBIR over from Moroso, there were grand plans to turn the paddock into some kind of Tomorrowland with all sorts of modern buildings, condo warehouses and facilities with the hopes of landing a major international racing series date.

None of this came off as planned once they figured out what it was going to cost. They had to
    capitulate to the NHRA that was insisting on putting up retaining walls and separating the drag strip
    from the road course which was commendable.

In the process, they reconfigured the road course, gave it a nice surface, modernized safety and
    put in a cool go-kart track. But, by any standard, the place was still a dump and the track was
    mostly described as "boring" to drive.

At one time, I was in a position to put PBIR together with SRO and the FIA GT series. But, when
    they saw what the sanctioning fees were and the serious upgrades they'd have to do to comply with
    FIA standards, the notion was quickly dropped.

Remembering the many good times out there though. It's a pity and certainly throws events like
    Cavallino into doubt now. The encroaching residential areas and noise complaints certainly aren't
    helping.

BHW