Windscreen water bottle cap missing | FerrariChat

Windscreen water bottle cap missing

Discussion in '308/328' started by Paul Kane, Jun 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    My 328 GTB UK has lost its plastic lid/cap on the washer bottle in the front next to the spare wheel.
    Anyone had this problem and found a replacement that fits.
    All help appreciated.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
  3. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    I found the OEM part number for the cap 61535300

4. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    This part is no longer available, tried a few F spares places, my F mechanic managed to find a used one for me, it wasnt cheap but had no choice.

5. DeRRis

DeRRis Karting

Nov 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Dennis B
  6. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Yes.
    I ordered it from them and paid only to be told in an e mail it’s not available and received a refund. ‍♂️

7. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Alfer

Alfer Formula 3

Sep 4, 2007
    NH/the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Menno
    I found that the Alfa 75 has the same cap.

9. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Found a few advertised on e bay.

Good tip.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    My '89 328 GTS came with the remains of the original plastic retaining loop on the washer bottle filler, and a BMW cap fitted (BMW part No. 61 66 1373 175).

The cap fitted is no longer available, and has been superseded by part No. 61 66 1369 516.

The "175" cap fits fine, but BMW had a hole put in the cap for some reason, where as the replacement "516" cap has no hole, so would be a better choice anyway.

Saying all that, the filler opening is 38mm across, so one of the 38mm "universal" washer bottle caps for sale on ebay should fit (They're only @ £5, so I'm going to order one and see how it fits. If it's no good,I might try the BMW "516" cap next)

I'll report back on how I get on :)

11. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Had a few delays in getting back to this but finally got there.

I ordered the universal 38mm washer bottle cap from ebay for £4.99 (@ $6.90) with free postage, which turned up within 2 days.

Well actually, three caps turned up in one package - Two 38mm caps (one white plastic, and one blue plastic), and a blue 42mm cap. I've no idea why three caps were delivered, as I'd only ordered one, and even less idea why they put a 42mm cap in the bag.

The white 38mm cap was of no use, because there was no lip on the inside of the cap, to clip onto the washer bottle neck.

The blue 38mm cap though fits perfectly, clips onto the bottle neck due to having a lip on the inside, and has a ring molded onto it, to keep the cap attached to the neck when filling the bottle.

My car's not a concourse contender, and I've no interest in spending silly money on water bottle cap that more closely replicates the original, especially as this cheap cap does the exact same same job.