"Black" Electrical Box - Help Please | FerrariChat

"Black" Electrical Box - Help Please

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by deimh, Aug 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi

I am looking for advice on what the black box is used for in the attached photo - is it just a distribution box, or is it a relay of sorts?

I understand they are used on the 250 GTE and perhaps others and I am looking for one to buy, or even make a copy of (if someone would be kind enough to lend me one - I'm in the UK).

And advice on what its function is and how to track one down would be most appreciated!

Thanks
    Dave

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    I believe that is a CEAM Deviolux lights relay. Generally not too difficult to find, several on ebay.

3. Lowell

Lowell Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    What car is that board on?

I don't see any place where a black box could be attached.

4. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    The original post as I read it does not seek to add a "black box" to a board like the one in the photo; the question as I understand is to identify the larger black unit already there in the upper right of the board. Although described as a "black box" in the original post, it is a relay assembly within a plastic molded housing.

5. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks to all for their help, especially lancia - all the help is appreciated!

6. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Headlamp relay.....