458 - 458 Carbon Fiber Door Handles and Carbon Gas Tank Cap | FerrariChat

458 458 Carbon Fiber Door Handles and Carbon Gas Tank Cap

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Aug 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I have a Rosso Scuderia red 458 and am considering putting on carbon fiber door handles and capristo carbon fiber gas cap. What do you guys think about this? Eventually I would add carbon mirrors as well.

Obviously on a black 458 it is a no brainer and a great addition, but on my red 458 I’m afraid of too much contrast and breaking up the beautiful lines of my 458.

Has anyone done added carbon door handles or gas cap on their red 458 and care to share some photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Just my opinion, but regardless of the color, I have always felt that handles, gas cap, and m Image Unavailable, Please Login
    irrors in carbon fiber distract the beautiful lines and I have even heard others say they take vision away from the design. For example, I cannot imagine these carbon fiber options adding to the beautiful lines on my Speciale.

Napoli likes this.
  3. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Thanks for the insight.

4. ilko

ilko Karting

Aug 20, 2008
    Meh.

5. RS458

RS458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2020
    Arizona
    My Rosso Scuderia had the CF gas cap and door handles when I bought it. I still have the gas cap and one door handle as I took them off. I did not hate the door handles, but hated the gas cap. The handle is scratched buy you can have both if you want. Just pay for shipping. PM me.

Attached Files:

6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Nope, not on Rossa Corsa

7. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    RS458,
    Thank you for the kind offer. I just sent you a PM.

8. evo3

evo3 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Switzerland
    Bas and IloveGT like this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I don't mind the mirrors in carbon but not the door handles or gas cap. They just look out of place.

10. RS458

RS458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2020
    Arizona
    So I sent FerrariCognoscenti my fuel door cover for free. Thought it was a cool Ferrari owner thing to do as I wasn't using it, and it didn't sell after I posted it. Now I just saw that not only did he post it for sale on the original thread where I posted it for sale, but he sold it for $150. Am I missing something here? Maybe he should have sent it back to me? Maybe he should have paid if forward? I am not sure what should have happened, but...whatever.

11. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Man, that blows my mind! You don’t have any spacers laying around, do u?

12. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    #12 FerrariCognoscenti, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    RS,
    I sold a different one and most certainly not the one you kindly sent me! Like some on here, I went carbon crazy and ended up buying multiple carbon covers because they all had different carbon patterns and was trying to see which matched the OEM weave. Yours is on my 458, and is the only one that actually matched the OEM carbon weave! Rest assured, if I ever go back to my stock red cover, the one you sent me will certainly be passed forward at no charge to a fellow Ferraristi!

13. RS458

RS458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2020
    Arizona
    That is good to hear. Just curious though. The photo of your car on your thread about the blown tire shows a carbon fuel door that is not the one I sent you. And in my post to sell my door, after I gave it to you, you posted "I have the exact same one for sale. PM me if interested."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Bought 2 different ones from eBay, the one in the pic that is too gaudy with the cavallino, and yours. The one I sold was one of the ones from eBay and the one in the pic above isn’t on my car anymore.

15. SDSferrari

SDSferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2014
    Southern California
    Easy enough to remove all doubt..........just post a photo of your car with RS458's carbon fuel door on it that is dated today. Now I'm even curious.

16. RS458

RS458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2020
    Arizona
    Well then, enjoy it. I didn't like it, but with all the carbon on your car, it probably looks great.