Ferrari P4 replica? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari P4 replica?

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by aosune, Mar 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
  2. James garrity

James garrity Rookie

May 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    James A Garrity
  3. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
    SmokyDave and DIGMAN52 like this.
  4. Lambertos

Lambertos Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2018
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Lamberto Smigliani
    Hi James. Contact RCR. They were able to share some pricing for me based on my potential options.

5. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Hi James, are you still searching for a P4 tribute car? I am nearing the end of a 10 year journey of creating a painstakingly accurate, aluminum bodied, tube chassis, V12 Powered 412P tribute with the help of David Piper and some of the most talented fabricators in the world. Having built 60 cars over 40 years this I can attest that this has been by far the most complicated project of all. Part recreation, part Engineering Marvel and part treasure hunt. My car was just featured in Wheel Hub Magazine issue #12 as a work in progress titled Nino 412P. I plan to show it as a "work in progress" (un painted ) at Concorso Italiano 2021 this August. Feel free to send me a note if you're interested in talking Ferrari P car recreations...

6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #32 BJK, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    Have you documented this build? Instagram? Facebook? Fchat thread? Youtube?
    Please START NOW if not! :D Seriously, this is very cool. :cool:

Any pics of chassis prior to body? :)

7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Who built your tube chassis? (pics please :))
    based on what? original drawings?

8. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO

BJK likes this.
  9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    some more photos would be nice on their homepage

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  11. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Interesting it’s being sold by an AD

12. PanameraPat

PanameraPat Rookie

Jan 19, 2023
    Full Name:
    Patrick Kelley
    Alright P4 enthusiast's. Who knows about the Rob Wilson P4? Referenced early in this thread as "None of the replica chassis are anything close to a P4 chassis (save the Wilson car that is a meticulous recreation)". Amy Shore did a beautiful photo shoot on the car back when it was completed.

This car is special as Rob Wilson had access to the original (to take measurements and make jigs) and everything hand constructed as the closest to perfect recreation in existence so far. If you haven't read about the car and how it was crafted over a 20 year period from scratch and Rob's connection to the original and Ferrari, then please hold your comments until you feel you have a good understanding of what this car is.

It is in the US. And I believe may be coming to market for the first time. I can try to post one of the Amy Shore pictures, but just search on google and you'll find lots of pics. Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  13. Terry groves

Terry groves Karting

Oct 21, 2014
    Suffolk
    Full Name:
    Terry Groves
    find this very hard to believe, having had dealings with Ferrari I know how protective they are over the IP and more specifically their TM there is absolutely no way Ferrari would endorse the Norwood P4 and certainly wouldn’t ever allow their badge to be used on a replica.

14. PanameraPat

PanameraPat Rookie

Jan 19, 2023
    Full Name:
    Patrick Kelley
    No way Ferrari "anointed" Norwood cars to carry their badge. Especially in the case of the 330 P4. The highest end aluminum Norwood's are nice, but nothing like the original. The RM Wilson car is extremally close to the original, but would still not be "anointed" by Ferrari no matter how close it is to the original or who built it. Just doesn't happen that way.......