Question about exhaust upgrade for 612 | FerrariChat

Question about exhaust upgrade for 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by Diny, Aug 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Diny

Diny Karting

Jun 24, 2017
    I am lucky to have a 612 and am looking to perhaps install an aftermarket exhaust. I have the stock exhaust, which is a bit on the quiet side. In the past, upgrading the exhaust in my cars made for a more fun experience. However, a former owner of a 612 told me not to bother installing an exhaust because the car is so well insulated that I'll hardly be able to tell. Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, can the stock exhaust be removed and upgraded without removing the bumper? I'd like to think that I'm handy and I've changed exhausts in other cars in the garage without much trouble, but I'd rather not mess with body panels.

Thanks for the input!

2. 87testa

87testa Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    I just bought a 612 and it has tubi mufflers. Car sounds great when you stand outside but when you are inside you don't hear the sound. Car is very well insulated. If you do change them always keep the stock equipment.

My two cents

Makuono likes this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Get Fabio's 6-1 headers, cats, and mufflers for a 599 GTO type of sound.

4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I also have the tubi. I disn't notice when I bought the car and really don't hear it inside. Only noticed when working under the car that I had them.

5. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    #5 Makuono, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Our 612 has Ferrari's Sport Exhausts.

This system is considerably louder than stock, with a lot of bass and a raspy note. We love it. This exhaust system has also a beautiful design, reminiscent of 60's Ferrari, with its double walls.

We consider the noise inside the cabin to be adequate for such a car (on the loud side of the scale).

It is a GT after all, so we expect some comfort.

Under hard acceleration it is quite loud (even with windows closed), on the highway - at legal speeds - there is no drone sound and we can talk inside the cabin.

However, you are constantly reminded there is a big V12 under the hood!

It is possible to enhance further the sound by deactivating the valves, making it louder on the lower rpms, but we chose not to because it helps us being a bit stealthier during city drives.

Ah! To answer your question, yes, it is possible to change the exhaust boxes with the bumper in place.

brogenville and Camp Freddie like this.
  6. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    I'm looking to upgrade to an HGTC system for my 612 if anyone has a spare Exhaust laying around please reach out!

CT