Magneti Marelli MT940- DLJSetup | FerrariChat

Magneti Marelli MT940- DLJSetup

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by louie23, Jul 31, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. louie23

louie23 Karting

Jan 11, 2012
    Japan
    Full Name:
    Louie
    Got a friends 360 Challenge with a MM MT940 Gauge Cluster and Micro DAS Data Logger. Problem is, I need the software to program it. I believe it is DLSetup or DLJSetup. Hope someone out there can help out.
    Kind Regards!!

2. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    I'm not an expert on Magneti Marelli data loggers, but as far as I can remember you can only upload a preset data table onto the MicroDAS on 360C with DLJ Setup software.

I recall if the logger was working properly, there is not much you can change in the parameters other than maybe reset/calibrate the lateral G reading to zero.

Never opened a MicroDAS but I believe it has an internal battery similar to the DAS4 that keeps the data table in memory. So if your logger lost the data table and is not working then you'll have to replace the internal battery which is not a trivial job.

3. louie23

louie23 Karting

Jan 11, 2012
    Japan
    Full Name:
    Louie
    I will try changing the Battery, thanks for the info!! I will post some pics of the inside to help anyone else who may have the similar problem.

4. louie23

louie23 Karting

Jan 11, 2012
    Japan
    Full Name:
    Louie
    #4 louie23, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So before going out to replace the battery, I checked the voltage with a Multi-meter and found it is about 3.8 volts. Makes me thing the battery is good. Is there something different about these batteries that I am not aware of? Should I replace it anyway.
    Side Note* I borrowed another Datalogger module (MT941) from a local race shop, and the DashBoard (MT940) worked properly!! But after I tried it again later in the day, it didn't work. The battery is also about 3.8V's. At least I narrowed it down to the problem being the MT941 module. Anybody familiar with this system?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    #5 cwwhk, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    Your MT941's battery seems good.

If the working MT941 µDAS logger you borrowed only works intermittently with your MT940 display, then maybe it's not the logger or display at fault. Check your wiring loom for loose pins or cuts in wires. Trace each pin from logger side to the display side to make sure each pin has continuity and no shorts amongst them. If that checks out OK, then try your logger on another known good MT940 display to see if that works.

There is a company in UK which can still work on these ancient Magneti Marelli loggers. Not cheap and may not be worth while on the lowly µDAS. I paid big bucks to repair a DAS4 for my 550GTS but am still having problems with it.

If you are ever in HK you are welcome to test your µDAS on my 360C. I also have a spare set somewhere from another 360C I owned before.

6. louie23

louie23 Karting

Jan 11, 2012
    Japan
    Full Name:
    Louie
    #6 louie23, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    Thanks for the great advice. The borrowed logger stopped working after I checked the battery for voltage. I am thinking I accidentally reset something. I had tried several times. But I will definately check the harness.
    I take it the software (DLJSetup and WinTax) are not required to make the system function, only to setup data logging parameters and download recorded data. Is that correct? I will post the harness inspection results as soon as I get it done. Thanks again!!

7. louie23

louie23 Karting

Jan 11, 2012
    Japan
    Full Name:
    Louie
    Thanks for the offer!!

8. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Yes that is correct. DLJSetup is used to upload data parameter table to logger, and WinTaxJ is used to download and analyze your logged data.

As long as there is a correct parameter table in logger's static memory, display and logger will work fine.

9. louie23

louie23 Karting

Jan 11, 2012
    Japan
    Full Name:
    Louie
    Do you know if that table is loaded on an EPROM, or the processor ram. Do you think I may have erased it accidentally if I shorted the board when checking the batery? Probably not, but just curious if that can happen. I will check the harness tomorrow!!

10. louie23

louie23 Karting

Jan 11, 2012
    Japan
    Full Name:
    Louie
    I just got done checking the harness pin by pin,.. they are all good. It took me awhile to trace some of the pins, but they all tested good. And to make matters worse, the borrowed logger is no longer working in the original 360. So now I am really thinking something got reset or erased! The Japanese race shop I borrowed the Logger from are really cool though, they were going to upgrade their system because the MT941 is far too outdated for racing. And the fact that the software is nowhere to be found makes it much more useless.

11. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton

What was the company England? I need to replace the lithium batteries on all my MM black boxes in my 360 Challenge. Thanks!

12. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I have the software for it and the sister setup in the 333SP. Its all on floppy discs in storage. Let me know if I can help.