White on white 458? | FerrariChat

White on white 458?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jon.k.un, Aug 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon.k.un

Jon.k.un Rookie

Aug 15, 2021
    Has anyone seen a white on white color combination in person before? How rare is it and how does the value hold up compared to other colors? It has some of the more desirable specs such as carbon seats, led steering wheel etc.. I know if I love it then I shouldnt worry about the resale value etc but this would be my first F car and would really want to consider all the factors to make the most out of my decision.

Seriously considering this spec in 2012 coupe with 12,500 miles listing at $225k. Seems a bit on the pricey end and would like to know anyones thought of the price tag. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Photos?

YOLO

3. Jon.k.un

Jon.k.un Rookie

Aug 15, 2021
  4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It's certainly unique; I'd be concerned about resale value.

Llenroc likes this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It does seem a bit pricey. I'd offer them the most you are prepared to pay and be prepared to walk away.

As far as resale value, how long do you intend to keep the car? That answer will tell you how concerned you need to be about that.

6. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    #6 jc1, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Beautiful spec. Wish it had the CF rear molding.
    225k seems high even with the recently inflated prices, but I’m not convinced these prices are coming down anytime soon so if you want it, get it and don’t look back.

7. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    The Stormtrooper of Ferrari's. Killer combo, but like with most "rare" specs in any model, it will take the right buyer when you go to sell...but in this life, you gotta do what makes you happy and if this spec makes you happy then go for it. If you make 30K or lose 30K after years of enjoyment who cares. If you're in the position to buy this car, then making or losing 10% on this won't kill you in the end. ARA

Jon.k.un likes this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Do not wear new blue jeans in that vehicle.

Jon.k.un and Dewinator like this.
  9. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Chris Evans may be the only man who would buy it to compliment his already all white collection.

10. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I love it

Jon.k.un likes this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It looks great. I vaguely remember a white on white/black Speciale being posted by someone here not long after they sold it many years ago. Very stunning. This 458 reminds me of that one.

12. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Looks amazing IMO, I’d definitely get the leather treated/coated to make sure it holds up if you do buy it. Should cost around $500 or so

13. Jon.k.un

Jon.k.un Rookie

Aug 15, 2021
    I do plan to keep the car for at least 3+ years. Hard to say since ive never owned an F car before and would also depend on how well i do in the future to afford an upgrade

If i end up loving the car I dont see myself selling unless i needed to make space for other cars

14. Jon.k.un

Jon.k.un Rookie

Aug 15, 2021
    What kind of price range do you think I should negotiate from. I am from CA and it seems cars are more expensive out here compared to other parts of the country..

15. Jon.k.un

Jon.k.un Rookie

Aug 15, 2021
    Great idea! Will definitely look into that, any good shop recommendations for folks in CA?

16. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    what’s the sticker on the car? This one sold pretty quick around 195k with 20k miles
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/oh-yeah-2012-458-gtb-nero-daytona-sabbia-20-200-mi-loaded.646480/

Some quick math based on just that one comp: assume a dealer could’ve gotten 5-10k more, that’s 205k. Then maybe another 10-15k due to the 8k mileage difference. I’d say 215-220k makes sense in today’s market.

17. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #18 willrace, Aug 21, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    Nope!! Some of us have been known for our whites before ever hearing of CE. Another of the 80% Red might just be "Formerly Red" soon.
    If the 458 had came with a real manual, this one could have been on the radar, if not for the overabundance of computers.

18. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Looks like it’s sold now

19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007