Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance - 2021 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance - 2021

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, Dec 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    This 75 car parade.Here's the press release straight from Pebble.Because they don't show it in their release, I took the liberty of adding my own portrait of the star of the parade, the SP2, (art from Art & Books booth, Concorso)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Ferrari Celebrates a Return to Pebble Beach

August 2, 2021

The Ferrari Parade and Concorso Ferrari will feature more than 60 historic and contemporary models.
    Look for an array of the most evocative cars in Ferrari history this August at Pebble Beach. Prestigious Ferrari Classiche vehicles spanning the decades of Maranello production will be on display once again at the Ferrari Parade and Concorso Ferrari, from highlights of Ferrari’s glorious competition past to the iconic road-going sports and GT cars expressing luxury and inspired Italian design.

While toasting the classics, the events will also feature the cutting edge of the Prancing Horse. A gathering of the Ferrari Icona limited series — the Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 — will convene. With modern aesthetics and technology, these Monzas reinterpret the timeless style of the Ferrari racers that competed throughout the 1950s.

The events will also showcase the North American premiere of the Ferrari 296 GTB — only the second hybrid-electric production car in Ferrari history. Unveiled in June, the two-seater sports berlinetta promises to redefine the concept of “fun to drive” while delivering the power, performance and elegance widely recognized as the hallmarks of Ferrari.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ where and when?

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Saturday the 14th, 3 pm. at Pebble Beach I only know the destination--Casa Ferrari, a tan building about 1000 ft SE of the Del Monte Lodge but presume they will be touring around before they come back there for static display, There's also a 10 car disolay in Carmel Thursday but I can't find where I read the street intersection, most likely Ocean Ave.. There's a private lunch at some restaurant and the cars will be displayed outside. Anyone have m ore info?

barkanddex likes this.
  4. barkanddex

barkanddex Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Natalie
    We received a few invites to Ferrari events during car week including what you mentioned above via email from FCA! So look out in your emails. All 3 events were stacked on each other in the invite, but separate registrations.
    Super excited, they held our reservations at Portola from last year when it was cancelled- and they renovated the hotel in the meantime! THAT never happens!

Challenge64 likes this.
  5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
  6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    That lpicture ooks like the original Casa Ferrari back when Ferrari first came to Pebble with promotion plans. But the Casa Ferrari I went to in 2019 was a modern series of tan buildings alongside a golf green ,part of the Pebble Beach course, with about 30-40 restored cars. Those with a certain pass could enter the building and have refreshments. It could be that old gas station that was once Casa Ferrari is part of the 2021 route, Has anybody got a map of the route because it seems some great photo opportunities would be there. And though they are ending at Casa Ferrari are they starting there? It's odd to announce a parade but not mention where it starts.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    talked to PB

official time for parade was 3 pm. now between 2 and 3

parade is only a few thousand feet between greens NOT 17-mile Drive

parking at Concours Village (look for black Mercedes building)

Viewing parade free

Viewing parked Ferraris parked on green free but can't enter the Casa Ferrari building without a pass

of2worlds likes this.
  8. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    So Carmel Concours required proof of vaccination to be allowed in w/o a mask and were given a blue wrist ban. Unvaccinated were required to wear a mask. I have friends who attended and told me how they saw masked people (w/o wristbands) taking off their masks after gaining entry and it didn't sound like there was anybody telling them to put their mask back on. I certainly hope that all the people attending events this week aren't stupid, putting others (vaccinated or unvaccinated) at risk. As the delta spread widens and becomes a huge burden on the healthcare system, it needs to be taken seriously so we can somehow return to our return to normal because it's certainly heading in the wrong direction (again).

Please be part of the solution and not part of the problem!

readplays, tritone, Nembo1777 and 7 others like this.
  9. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    HMB-Dino

Thank You for your excellent post.

readplays likes this.
  10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Well, somehow there are plenty of Europeans here in Monterey. I attended the Quail today and spoke with many from Italy, France, England, etc. People are getting in.

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Must have all gone via Dubai, Mexico or Turkey, and stayed there at least two weeks prior to arriving in the U.S.
    And then fly straight to USA, not via an European country.
    That is the only way to do right now.

Marcel Massini

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes but there are also plenty of Europeans who live in the US who converge there, very high density.

13. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    PEBBLE BEACH TICKET possibly for sale
    Taking elderly spouse and might have to take her home if she is worn out. Text me at 10 am and see
    if I had to leave. Can meet you at, say, South side of stairway leading to front of the Lodge.Cash only. 200?Text your phone no to 213 344 6438

14. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  15. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
  16. colombo2cam

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
  17. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  18. colombo2cam

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    yes Chuck was navigating this trip, Sixty miles an hour through the mist at times.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Nice. I met him last week when he came to our shop to collect his BBI and drive up to Monterey.

colombo2cam likes this.
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Really a thrilling experience having my 85 Countach 5000 Quattrovalvole in the Countach Class, sitting alongside such remarkable examples.
    What an incredible week. Placed third. Not the victory we hoped for, but still an honor. Thanks for those who stopped by to say hello.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Congratulations!

Marcel Massini

Rossocorsa1 likes this.