Ferrari Autocross Club | FerrariChat

Ferrari Autocross Club

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by hbk_bkk, Aug 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hbk_bkk

hbk_bkk Rookie

Jan 16, 2012
    Norman Park, GA
    Full Name:
    Barry
    Are any of you owners in the southeast interested in having a dedicated Autocross event for Ferrari’s? The Porsche Club does them at Atlanta Motor Speedway and it is
    awesome. Cost would be anywhere from $55-$100 for 10 runs through the timed course. Just trying to gauge if the community has an interest. Might even be able to make it a weekend event with a cars and coffee and some scenic driving. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

rob lay likes this.
  2. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    That sounds like pretty safe fun and a great way to learn some of the limits of adhesion safely. I'm up for it.

hbk_bkk likes this.
  3. Tripper

Tripper Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Trip Campbell
    I can help this happen at Road Atlanta if we have interest.

DefunctNeurons and hbk_bkk like this.
  4. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I would be interested in attending this.

hbk_bkk likes this.
  5. hbk_bkk

hbk_bkk Rookie

Jan 16, 2012
    Norman Park, GA
    Full Name:
    Barry
    That’s great that you have a connection their. Have you done any track days at Road Atlanta?

Do you know if they host Autocross events? Atlanta Motor Speedway does 2 or 3 per month, so I know the infrastructure is there.

Also is there a Ferrari scene nearby? A cars and coffee crowd or anything of the sort?

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    autocross is pretty fun in a Ferrari, teaches you great technical skills that you can then apply to the track and street.

tazz99 and hbk_bkk like this.
  7. Tripper

Tripper Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Trip Campbell
    Yes, you could say I have a connection. ;) I have a motorsports clubhouse on site and have held track driving or autocross events for non-member groups many times in the past. We also are closing soon on the purchase of Lanier Raceplex across the street. The short track oval was repaved including the infield leaving a large asphalt playground for autocross, etc.

The Ferrari scene creates itself when there are races at Road Atlanta, and whenever I invite a specific group to one of the buildings for a mountain drive. Also have an old school air cooled Porsche and collector themed man cave there, so we have (3) options for inside group accommodations.

DefunctNeurons, 430jm and hbk_bkk like this.
  8. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    I would be in!

hbk_bkk likes this.
  9. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I’m thinking that we do an event up there at the “man cave” regardless of whether it’s an autocross or just a Ferrari Corso and Coffee Saturday.

Cody and Tom, any plans for the next couple months that would work with this?

hbk_bkk, Tripper and steved033 like this.
  10. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Did you get the email(s) about the monthly meet up at AMP next weekend, Aug 28th ? Happy to discuss organizing an autocross event, be careful what you volunteer for ;)
    Best,
    Cody

hbk_bkk and 430jm like this.
  11. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I’m planning to make the AMP meet next weekend. Happy to volunteer for something - usually better to do it blind so I don’t know what I’m getting myself into! I’ve never done a real autocross either

hbk_bkk likes this.
  12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm not sure if I'd do an autocross in the 599... but it's an interesting idea. Either AMP or Tripp's place at Road Atlanta would be great. I'm happy to help out as much as I can.

typically we have not had much track /Auto x interest for quite a while. My sense is as the cars have become:
    a. more expensive
    b. so fast
    c. mileage sensitive...
    owners are less interested in tracking the cars, and usually go right for a dedicated track machine - ala AMP, or Driving Club memberships ... but Love the idea.

hbk_bkk and DefunctNeurons like this.
  13. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Haven’t seen any Corso updates - still on for AMP today?

14. hbk_bkk

hbk_bkk Rookie

Jan 16, 2012
    Norman Park, GA
    Full Name:
    Barry
    Hey I’m curious about the meetups. Is there a club I need to join?

15. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    I can’t imagine putting my TR through an autocross course but would love to spectate. When I add a newer more nimble model, however, I’ll definitely do it.

16. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I send emails to members of the FCA GA Chapter. See https://ferrariclubofamerica.org/