QuickJack video | Page 2 | FerrariChat

QuickJack video

Discussion in '308/328' started by Cuddy K, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    It may be unfounded but, I kinda feel the same way.

2. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    There are some pretty interesting videos on YouTube showing them lifting I “think” like 15,000 lbs.

3. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have the 5000lb one. I lifted my wife’s Lexus GX460 which I think is like 5300lbs. I was just working on the brakes and wasn’t nor would get under it with that.
    Also had jack stands as back up.
    That said…….it seemed pretty darn sturdy to me.

4. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    It's not unfounded, in my opinion. I can see using them for brake jobs or tire rotations, but there's no way in hell I would ever crawl under one of those. The size of the bracket supports and safety locks ... Nope..

5. robertcope

robertcope Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Robert B. Cope
    If it isn't unfounded, please provide your foundation? Some kind of engineering review that demonstrates they are unsafe. This is quite an accusation. Lots of people use these successfully.

6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    The foundation of my opinion is based on spending thousands of hours under countless vehicles that were supported by 2-post lifts with a weight rating of 10,000 lbs, powered by heavy-duty hydraulic systems, with multiple redundant safety systems. Even then, there's an requirement for safe procedures - but ultimately, I felt safe standing under such a car all day.

Factually, Quickjacks are not built to that spec.

I've not accused anyone of anything. I've just pointed out that I'm not a fan of them, for reasons I already gave.

Lots of people don't use a torque wrench on lug nuts, and it's successful until it isn't. ;)

7. Cuddy K

Cuddy K Karting

Oct 30, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ian Karr
    I think you'd be fine with the 5000. Not sure about the X3 weight and jack points. Definitely check those beforehand. Also agree with previous posts about the car being more stable with hoses to the front. Always back it up with jackstands.

8. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #33 308 milano, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    exactly this right here. ^^ I’m a “what if” kind of guy, vehicle moves a little too easily on the jack for my comfort zone.

thorn likes this.