328: Looking for replacement AC and fan knobs | FerrariChat

328: Looking for replacement AC and fan knobs

Discussion in '308/328' started by raysur, Aug 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Does anyone have two knobs for sale? Mine were taken from my car while at a repair shop. I just can't get into this ongoing issue.

These are for a Testarossa but I saw they are the same as the 328s. I have searched the usual places. I am hoping someone here has extras.

Please let me know what you have.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    You might want to check Ferr Parts in Sacramento, some parts for the 328 / Testarossa are interchangeable , and they come up on the radar as new and available. Over the years I have been able to replace every gauge and switch in my 89 328 , all except the clock, which Im always looking out for , I bought everything, including all the suspension parts, all four Konis as well, and I sourced everything from Ferr Parts. I sourced extra AC knobs a few years ago as well. They may be able to get some for you . Give them a try. / GT car parts In AZ, Tom Vail , Ebay has a guy who parted out a 328 and he has a ton of stuff for sale, greedy prices, but take a look. Italian Car Parts as well . Forza Magazine has an add from a couple of guys in the North East as well.

Thank you

raysur likes this.
  3. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I just checked ebay , Knobs and switches available , insane prices FYI ,

Thank you

4. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thank you so much Gino!

A forum member is sending two my way. I am incredibly grateful for this forum and your help. Thanks again.

5. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    TBF, they're parts you wouldn't expect to ever need to replace (how many Ferrari 328's have been scrapped off over the years, but no one has the knobs and switches avaialble?), so it's a case of supply and demand.

They also take up little space, so sellers aren't going to be particularly desperate to get them out of the way, to save some space.

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Didn't someone here reproduce them? Seems like they might have been aluminum.

7. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand

Not only supply and demand

3 years ago I was looking for those knobs and I finally found one at high price. I had also seen that several 328 need one or more and others owners who don't find them. So I've decided to do this part. I didn't how, but I want to find a solution.

I spend lot of time and few money but months later after a first supplier who was not serious I found a guy who can remanufatured those parts. Remanufactured parts but anybody see difference. I had many pictures and no owners who received it did not complain even car dealer

Then I open a thread here to find others owners who need one to start the production. Unfortunately the authorities here move the thread to the classifieds section BEFORE I had anything to sale ....
    I don't want to use ebay, I received lot of real demand ( with any $ ;)) and I paid myself all before the production. I would thanks ONE well know Ferrari repairman and F-Chatter but he was tne only contributor to this project

Today all parts are sold and beleive me I don't win ANY $. I still see 328's with poor or without knob but I don't know if I will redone one more time those part one day

rpochi likes this.
  8. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
  9. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Bertrand,
    You did a great job recreating the knobs.

I received my knobs. 302Tim sent them for free. This is an awesome community. I will continue to return the gesture to other members.

10. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Should be poor result or too high price according my experience