Maserati MC20 | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    First of all the coming MC20 is a road car and not a race car. But I was told that they developed its chassis and suspension in the direction to build a race car sooner or later. Just how they did it in the past with...the MC12.
    Anything about the on-track potential of the MC20 is speculative at this moment.
    So - let`s wait what comes up...

When I drove the car on the Varano circuit I was deligted about the -steel- brake system which was very effectiv. Under hard braking the car was absolutely stable on front and rear axle. Releasing the brakes just before the apex and then flat did not affect the balance of the car. I felt only an absolute minimum on understeering.
    Varano is a very technical circuit so provoke oversteering is very difficult here when in cofort modus. Unfortunately we were not permitted to use sport- or track modus.

71Satisfaction, -K1- and 3500 GT like this.
  2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    yea they also frowned upon me using the curbs to straighten the apexes, when I there for Levante training, but they didn’t mind me bouncing it around when we drove it on the Off Road course.

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I agree let’s wait and see so far it’s speculation.

as dallara had a hand in it and as it’s the same team at Maserati who did the gulia I have no doubt it’s dynamics are superlative. IMO Those are the two best teams in the buisness, and the gulia is by far the best driving sedan in the world

we’ll see how robust the rest of the MC 20 and its systems are, thats key.

many or most race cars bear little more than a superficial resemblance to a street car.
    But gt4 and even gt3 series have a lot of cross pollination depending on manufacturer.
    There are “track capable" street cars, then there are actualy track useable street cars, I’m hoping the Mc 20 s the latter.

3500 GT likes this.
  4. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow it looks like a completely different car in black. I still wonder if you can get in and out of the car if someone parks too close to you. You might be stuck there all day!

-K1- and MrMark like this.
  6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Best video so far about the car!

Ferraripilot likes this.
  7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Maserati is on the way to become the "King of the announcements"! One year after its launch, no car has been delivered to their customers so far...
    The cars shown with dealers are pre-series cars. In Germany potential buyers were not allowed to open the doors of these pre-series and sit in...

Maserati does not understand that a soup that has been cooked must served when hot....!
    They are -still- no masters of marketing....

71Satisfaction, TheMayor and boxerman like this.
  8. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Walter,

I wonder if some of the delay might be due to Covid as it has certainly had an effect on the auto industry. I suspect that the rollout would have been different if not for that but that is just my take on the attempt to keep some excitement for the car due to whatever problems have delayed deliveries.

9. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Elliot,

Maserati -as every other car manufacturer- need to be competitive in the market. They announced the launch of the MC20 at first for April 2020. This was in fact cancelled due to the Covid-situation and accepted. Then they finally launched it in Sept. 2020 - as all other manufacturers did with their new models. Ferrari was in the same situation and delivered the Roma to the dealers and customers (and launched the new V6 and the latest V8).
    Since Sept. 2020 Maserati tells us the MC20-story...but without opening the book..!

71Satisfaction and boxerman like this.
  10. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Id like to belive thats because theyre getting the car right. But if history is a guide, probabaly the first 2 years customers will be beta testers. 2024 or 2025 should be the optimal model year.

11. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Your point is well taken.

Nonetheless, today's Ferrari is a cookie-cutter production serving a myriad of TV dinners w/a vast permutation of different sauces!

MC20 is limited production Michelin dinner from a 3 star world famous chef who decided to come out of retirement.

This is an instant classic; a collector's car.

The waiting period only makes her more exclusive and desirable:)

Enjoy the 'anticipation'.

71Satisfaction likes this.
  12. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    ..."limited"???? The MC20????

13. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
  14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    :confused: :p :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

staatsof likes this.
  15. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    BJK likes this.
  16. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    boralogist likes this.
  17. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #493 wbaeumer, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2021

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Is Maserati ever going to make this car?

19. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    It’s about a year overdue. That’s frustrating.

Matt

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think they still have not given a production start date yet. And usually the US is the last market to get new Euro cars.

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    About 300 cars are already made but still in the factory. They found an engine problem that needs to be solved first......

22. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Walter, not the best choice of wording. Combining the Words Engine and Problem will scare a lot of people, possibly tag the engine with an unwarranted reputation.

My understanding is the issue you are referring to is Emissions related.

Nembo1777 and boralogist like this.
  23. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Correct!
    Nothing to do w/'engine'

What is it about Maserati that attracts all the fake prophets of doom & gloom like an industrial magnet?