Ready To Purchase But Cost Of Ownership Question | FerrariChat

Ready To Purchase But Cost Of Ownership Question

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by christianWojciechowski, Aug 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christianWojciechowski

May 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    christian wojciechowski
    I'm looking to acquire a 2015 F12, a 2019 Lusso, a 575, or a Mercedes S63. What's the cost of ownership for the Ferrari's? I heard the F1 gear box needs to be replaced every 15,000 miles on the F12 and Lusso? True? Does anyone have an opinion on what's the best Ferrari to buy in the 170 - 225,000USD range? Any real life data would be very helpful.

AClark likes this.
  2. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The gearboxes dont need to be replaced like that.

As far as maintenance goes i find them reasonable, heck i have 3 bmws and the service is often more than my ferrari and also when any issues arise. I am not sure on mercs

Shark01 likes this.
  3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    For an out-of-warranty Ferrari, figure $3 a mile, if you drive it. If you don't drive it, figure $3,000 a mile.

mrmicks, Loxo, vraa and 1 other person like this.
  4. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    The F12 or Lusso will each come with 7 years free maintenance. On the Lusso you’ll be paying for tires and fuel until 2026

depending if you have Ferrari warranty options, repairs could be covered there as well.

575... of your options would be the most expensive to maintain, but is an awful lot of fun when you’re driving it!

S63 i’m not sure if you should be more worried about depreciation or cost of ownership when it comes to services and repairs... LoL
    Repairs on any AMG model are costly.

All my opinion, from previous personal experiences with the vehicles you listed.

A

technom3 and Texas Forever like this.
  5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    my vote is f12 or 458 for your price range. i'm complete biased though.

6. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Since you are price sensitive I would find a good independent mechanic shop and ask them to give you their labor rates, and rough estimates for things like oil changes, drive belt replacements, alignments, the common things that might happen

You're probably referring to the PTU on the FF/Lusso in regards to the 15k mileage mark - there are numerous threads with graphs and charts on the forums detailing the issue

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Whoever gave you the advice about the gear box needing to be replaced is wrong and don't listen to a thing they say.

Regarding the s63. You are absolutely going to lose a ton of money on depreciation... There is ero avoidance of that. You will lose likely 100k plus in depreciation if not more.

F12 will depreciate very little and have proven extremely reliable. That's really your best bet if your budget allows go for a sub 15k mile car. Or sub 20k car and drive it and be happy.

A 575 will need it's clutch replaced maybe as often as 15k depending on how you drive it. The clutch job isn't cheap but it isn't crazy expensive either.

The f12 is twice as much money but 4 times as much car.

The lusso is a great car too but your going to get hit with some depreciation.

AClark likes this.
  8. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Having owned numerous cars in all those categories I can say that your best choice is a good quality 575 Maranello. Though I currently own the 812 SF I could easily own another 6 speed 575 if I had money and garage space to spare. Maintenance is on the order of modern cars and relatively inexpensive.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever likes this.