215/70VR15 & 205VR14 XWX | FerrariChat

215/70VR15 & 205VR14 XWX

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Longstone Tyres, Aug 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

The 205VR14 and 215/70VR15 XWX has been out of stock for a while, but we recently got them back in.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/205-14/205wr14-michelin-xwx.html
    &
    https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/michelin-classic-tyres/xwx/215-70wr15-michelin-xwx.html

the current date code on my shelf, of the 205VR14 XWX is 2021, and the 215/70VR15 XWX is 2921.

A good time to buy.

I know there is a lot of scare about brexit in Europeland and the old Coroney virus has mad everything difficult,, but we have maintained our service. we also deal with the taxes and duties, so if you are buying from Europeland don't worry your tyres coming from Longstone will not get held up by customes and there are no extra hidden charges.

2. ronc52

ronc52 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Do you have any news on Pirelli P7 285/50/15?

3. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    This was the last word i heard on this tyre: "was it was planned for production in August."

I Also got this:

• 285/50R15 P7 – we have performed the industrialization and are completing our internal and legal indoor tests. Realistically you should see tyres around October. Perhaps’s we can release some of the pre production tyres earlier
    However since that news, the whole world of international shipping has completely fallen appart. I'm finding that under normal circumstances i could contact a shipping company and have a container deliverd next week, yet these days i might be able to book a container in 2 months, if i'm luck, but then the actuallity turns up some time later, which is causing all sorts of difficulties with everything, in that the factories are having the same problem getting the raw materials delivered to make the tyres and then the same again shipping them to me.

It is currently chaotic. so thye real and full answer is i don't have any definate answer to that. I realise it has taken an age to get these done. I hope i have been up front about that from the start, But the old pandemic has thrown everthing into chaos.

Sorry. Its the best i can do.

However rest assured, when these tyres do turn up i will be all over the place letting you Pantera boys know they are here because i have to seriously get involved in something like this to make it happen and when it does happen i need to do my best to get my money back.

Dougal

P.S. I watched that film about Motley Crue the other day and was discusted to see that they used the wrong car to kill Razzle the drummer of Hanoi Rocks. I was studying the film carefully. us nerds want to check to see if the Pantera in question was actually fitting P7s. Then they ended up using some totally crap car instead of a Pantera!

4. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Oo just got this in :-

Pushing hard to keep on track with the two Stella Bianca sizes and just waiting for the legal certifications for the 285/50-15 P7.

It is, as i say, just really difficult to get anything done at present.

5. ronc52

ronc52 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Totally understand! Thanks for the update. That's crazy that they didn't try to make the movie more accurate!

6. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    That is a fair point, however when they made the movie the P7 wasn't available, so even if they did use a Pantera you wuld still have anoraks like me complaining about it having the wrong tyres. Maybe they should do a remake next year with the correct car and the correct tyres.

7. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal